Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Balvenie 25

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Balvenie 25

Postby bcrossan » Thu May 21, 2009 2:46 am

I am curious to hear any opinions from people who have tried The Balvenie 25. I found a bottle for $240 around me and I am considering grabbing it. I am interested to hear what else in the family (or other whisky) this may compare to. And most importantly, is this one worth that price? I have like pretty much all the Balvenies I have tried with the 15 and 17 New Oak being my favorites.

bcrossan
Silver Member

Re: Balvenie 25

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu May 21, 2009 4:10 pm

As I've said many times, whether Balvenie 25 is worth $240 depends as much on what you think of $240 as on what you think of Balvenie 25. In a strict frodometric assessment, I think I'd be better off with four bottles of the 15. But if you are a real Balvenie fan, I'm sure you'll want to have a bottle of the 25, at least once.

Looking at it another way, if I saw, side-by-side, bottles of Balvenie 25 and Highland Park 25, I'd go for the HP without a second thought. I can't afford that, either, but I try to get a bottle now and then, anyway. You might feel the same about the Balvenie.
Deactivated Member

Re: Balvenie 25

Postby jimidrammer » Fri May 22, 2009 3:11 am

I've had one bottle of the Balvenie 25yo. It is very similar to the 15yo, which actually is sometimes as much as 18yo. Both are Single Barrel so they vary some, the 25 is a joy to drink as a one-time purchase, however, I like the contrast of the 21yo PortWood for its distinct style more than the 25. The HP25 is another story.
jimidrammer
Gold Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder