Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Looking for a Midleton very-very rare

All your whisky related questions answered here.
Related whiskies : Midleton Very Rare

Looking for a Midleton very-very rare

Postby GARYLEGG » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:33 pm

hello folks
I have a pal in Dallas who's 60th birthday is coming up, his normal tipple is Midletons Very Rare which is easy to pick up at the main UK airports so I take one every trip over to the States, however I believe there is a 30 year version or something similar that I have heard can be found for £500-£600 (I've also heard of a 35 for around £1200 but that's out of my price range) and I'd love to get him some for his big day, does anyone know where I could find a bottle? I'd be very grateful for any help in tracking it down, many thanks and good health
GARYLEGG

Re: Looking for a Midleton very-very rare

Postby cathach » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:45 pm

Joyal's Liquors in Rhode Island had a 25yo one for c.$475 so I'd check there first. Plus he'll ship which is very handy.

P.S. the Midleton 25yo is a Pure Pot Still and is a unique Irish whiskey style. So the flavour should be very complex and a good bit different to the regular Midleton (which I'd find a bit lacking), do check if he likes that profile by gettng a drop of Redbreast 12yo (made by the same company).
cathach
Silver Member

Postby GARYLEGG » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:49 pm

thank you very much for the heads up, I'll start chasing that today, very much appreciated
GARYLEGG

Postby GARYLEGG » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:34 am

hi cathach, the guy at Joyals did all he could to try and find it for me but had to admit defeat today, it wasn't for lack of effort and I'll certainly return to them in the future, so I'm still on the hunt if anyone else has a lead on where I can find a bottle of the Midleton 25, I have until July 20 to find it, cheers
GARYLEGG

Postby JCSkinner » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:36 pm

Available here, along with other scarcer Midletons. But possibly not in the price bracket you had in mind?
http://celticwhiskeyshop.com/asp/catego ... ecordID=96
JCSkinner
Bronze Member

Related whiskies : Midleton Very Rare

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder