Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

ATTN: Glenfiddich 15 year fans

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

ATTN: Glenfiddich 15 year fans

Postby tuddy24 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:49 am

My apologies for most likely placing this post in the wrong place but since this is the first room I visit at Whisky Magazine this is where the post is going. I was at Binny's today in Willowbrook, IL(Rt. 83) and they have a great deal for folks who like Glenfiddich Solera 15 year, a Glencairn glass, and a 50mL bottle of Glenfiddich 18. Yes, all this in a gift set for the same price as the Glenfiddich 15 alone. If you do not have access to Binny's I apologize for wasting your mouse clicks. Cheers.

-Pete
tuddy24

Re: ATTN: Glenfiddich 15 year fans

Postby Reggaeblues » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:49 pm

No I don't have access to Binny's. Curses!
Reggaeblues
Double Gold Member

Postby ClubSmed » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:19 pm

tuddy24 wrote:My apologies for most likely placing this post in the wrong place but since this is the first room I visit at Whisky Magazine this is where the post is going. I was at Binny's today in Willowbrook, IL(Rt. 83) and they have a great deal for folks who like Glenfiddich Solera 15 year, a Glencairn glass, and a 50mL bottle of Glenfiddich 18. Yes, all this in a gift set for the same price as the Glenfiddich 15 alone. If you do not have access to Binny's I apologize for wasting your mouse clicks. Cheers.

-Pete

The most relevant place for this post would have been on the Supermarket deals thread but the important thing is that you found this out and managed to share it with others who could benefit.

Good spot and thanks for letting us know, even if it is a little out of the way for me
:D
ClubSmed
Gold Member

Postby lockejn » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:42 pm

This has recently become available in the New Hampshire liquor stores. I paid $44 I think just yesterday.

A fairly decent deal. As you say it's about the same price as a bottle of 15y by itself. The mini of 18y is a very nice bonus. I don't expect to really love it, so I would have never purchased a larger bottle at the 18y price. Now I get to taste both for the price of one.

The "Glencairn" glass isn't. Mine at least had a "Made in China" sticker on the bottom and lacks the signature etching you see when you look through the bottom of an empty glass (a moment of silence for all the empty glasses out there. . . ).

It seems to be a reasonable facsimile though and manages to contain the whisky sufficiently. A bit of a faux pas for a well-named Scotch whisky to be packaged with a Chinese-made replica of a Scotch-made glass. :oops:
lockejn
Triple Gold Member

Postby AdamMY » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:19 am

I picked one up from binny's on the 10th... but I have a question for you did they have the database updated for you... I think I caught it on one of the first days it was offered. it didn't ring up, and I nearly got it for 10 dollars less because the person who looked it up in the computer rang up a Glenfiddich 12 with Glass. But I was honest and I could also read the sign from the register and insisted that the price they had was wrong.

But at least I was told my honesty was refreshing.
AdamMY
Cask Strength Gold Member

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder