Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Caol Ila 18yo? Gone?

General chat and talk about whisky.
Related whiskies : Caol Ila 18 Years Old

Caol Ila 18yo? Gone?

Postby hearts151 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:21 pm

Hi I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is offically discontinued or if the distillery have a small amount to release every few months and so therefore just hard to get hold of?
I remember a similar problem last year where rmw etc didn't have any in stock and the suppliers to the pub I work at didn't either. However after a few months we were able to get hold of some again (ordered in quite a few just incase the same happened again).
However this time rmw state on their site its a discontinued bottle now while others (whisky shop) are out of stock will other (lfw exchange) still have some!?
Its one of my favourite whiskies so wondering if I should save up soon to by myself one last bottle!

Thanks
Ryan
hearts151

Re: Caol Ila 18yo? Gone?

Postby peat-chaser » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:53 pm

I meant I heard - at a FOCM-Event here in munich - that it will be back, same as the Talisker 18, which too was not available for some time.
But I wouldn´t wonder if Diageo gives it a new bottle-shape or label and a new (!) price ....
peat-chaser
Bronze Member

Postby Willie JJ » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:29 pm

If it has disappeared for a while then they may well raise the price as they have done with Talisker. They didn't seem to feel the need for a new bottle shape with the Tali though.
Willie JJ
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby The Dazzler » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:50 pm

The Caol Ila 18yo is not being discontinued however expect to see it arrive back on the shelves at a higher price, 25% increase!!!!

Slainte!
The Dazzler
Bronze Member

Related whiskies : Caol Ila 18 Years Old

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder