Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Dalmore Cask Strength 1985

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Dalmore Cask Strength 1985

Postby borgom » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:20 pm

Just looking for any feedback regarding this bottling as there's very little on the net. Any opinions on quality and value would be greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
borgom
Gold Member

Re: Dalmore Cask Strength 1985

Postby anationonfire » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:45 am

Can't help you at all really, But I would like it! depending on the price....
anationonfire
Gold Member

Postby corbuso » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:28 pm

Based on the year of distillation and the age, this bottle is probably one of the bottle of Dalmore Cask Strength sold at the distillery only (the price either £85 or £95).
Concerning on the quality of the content, I asked then at the vistor center to taste it before buying but this was declined, therefore, I can't comment on the quality of the content.

Corbuso
http://www.whisky-news.com
corbuso
Gold Member

Postby vitara7 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:25 pm

this bottle was sold at the distillery for £95 a year or so back, not too bad for a 20yo single cask. it was the first single cask dalmore to be sold at the distillery, and was only for sale at the distillery. someone told me it was the first ever official single cask bottling of dalmore when i bought mine, but not sure how accurate that comment would be.

you wont find much on the net for it as there aint that many kicking around, i havent even came across one for sale, the day i bought mine, there was a cruise ship in invergordon that day and there were a load of tourists buying them up like sweeties, so think a lot will be in the hands of folk outwith genral whisky circles.
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder