Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Single Malt Retailers in Connecticut?

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Single Malt Retailers in Connecticut?

Postby PoppaMitch » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:08 am

Hi Everyone.

Does anyone know of a really good single malt retailer in (or around) Connecticut? I live in the middle of the state, and have been to quite a few places with a nice selection of the standard offerings, like Amity Wines, Ancona's and West Side Wines, but I'm looking for a store that really takes its single malts seriously! Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
PoppaMitch

Re: Single Malt Retailers in Connecticut?

Postby Ardbeg311 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:08 am

Table & Vine in West Springfield, MA. Since I am not familiar with the stores you list I don't know if you would call their selection "serious". In any event, they have a website, http://www.tableandvine.com which will give you a good idea of all that have. There are also a couple of stores in the eastern part of RI, Joyal's Liquor's (West Warwick) and Town Wine & Spirits (Rumford), but these may be further than you wish to travel. Happy hunting!
Ardbeg311
Gold Member

Postby bbrownri » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:22 am

Town Wine and Spirits in East Providence, RI. http://townwineandspirits.com/. I know that'll probably be a bit of a hike for you, but I love this store. They've got a good selection (I don't know...maybe 100 to 200 single malts?) as well as some of the best prices I've seen. The staff is helpful, too, so if you're looking for something in particular, call ahead and they should be able to help you out.
bbrownri

Postby PoppaMitch » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:41 am

Thanks for the feedback!
PoppaMitch

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder