Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Black Bush - old Pernod Ricard vs Diageo bottlings

All your whisky related questions answered here.
Related whiskies : Black Bush

Black Bush - old Pernod Ricard vs Diageo bottlings

Postby 1Malt » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:09 am

I recently found and bought a bottle of Black Bush that was bottled in 2005 (before Pernod Ricard sold BUshmills to Diageo) and came in the metal tube box. I find it to be a quite delicious Irish whiskey to sip.

The liquor store that had it, has one more bottle of the same vintage left, and I was curious if there is any value in buying that one also to stash away for a rainy day? The shop that has it, will probably not sell it for a very long time, the two metal tube containers were covered with half a decade of dust. It's the kind of store that nowadays sells mostly cheap booze to its welfare-recipient customers. The upper shelf spririts inventory is left over from previous owners and more prosperous times from many years ago, and the new owner of the shop is pretty much clueless about any whiskeys above and beyond those that come in a plastic squeeze bottle.
1Malt

Re: Black Bush - old Pernod Ricard vs Diageo bottlings

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:19 pm

Not sure that there would be any major difference between pre and post diageo bottlings or any Bushmills offering. They stride hard to try and blend their whiskeys as close in taste from batch to batch as possible. And from talking to Colm Egan the master distiller it seems not that hard to do.

I have a bottle from the 70's open and it is very similar too.
irishwhiskeychaser
Cask Strength Gold Member

Related whiskies : Black Bush

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder