Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Ardmore TC

All your whisky related questions answered here.
Related whiskies : Ardmore

Ardmore TC

Postby Maccy » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:51 pm

Is there any reason why I cannot add an "Ardmore" Whisky to "My Whiskies". I have just been given a bottle of Traditional Cask, No age statement, 46%, non-chill filtered, which, until tomorrow, will remain unopened.

Is it taboo or something? I know that it produces a significant contribution to "Teachers"!

I see that Ardmore won a sub-category award in this years' Whisky Awards but I can't seem to find any in the whisky directory other than in Gordon & MacPhail?

It might not be the best, (I don't know, I haven't tried my bottle yet) but it is being sold as a Malt and therefore I am a little surprised that a distillery founded in 1898 isn't covered.

Am I not looking in the right place?
Maccy
Silver Member

Re: Ardmore TC

Postby corbuso » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:17 pm

I had a quick check and indeed, Ardmore is not even listed in the brands.

I really enjoy the Ardmore whisky, but this whisky remains quite confidential. G&M has been bottling a few, as well as Cadenheads and some other IBs (e.g., Single Malts of Scotland).
The 25 YO has been bottled last year and with the traditonnal cask, this brings the number of available OB to 2!
The positive thing with a "low awareness", is that you can still find some old Ardmore at reasonable prices...
corbuso
Gold Member

Re: Ardmore TC

Postby Maccy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:01 pm

I contacted Matt Page and he said that they were updating whiskies over the next few months.
Maccy
Silver Member

Related whiskies : Ardmore

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder