Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

LONGROW???

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.
Related whiskies : Longrow

LONGROW???

Postby Ian_Hamilton » Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:49 pm

Hi
My first message...
I'm a beginner but I have tried a few drams.
I have ordered a bottle of Longrow and was wondering why its only available sometimes and how many bottles are released how often?
I know its made a Springbank!
Ian_Hamilton
Bronze Member

Postby jeremy p » Wed Apr 03, 2002 8:09 pm

Hullo Ian,

Can't answer your questions, I'm afraid. However, I can congratulate you on your choice. We - or rather, my girlfriend - bought our first bottle after Whisky Live. It's sensational - an excellent alternative to an Islay, I'd suggest.
jeremy p

Postby Czarny » Mon May 13, 2002 6:05 pm

Hi,
I'm also interested in buying a Longrow bottle, but at about 90€ a bottle does it worth the price ? For the same money you could buy a bottle of Bowmore 21 yo …

Roms
Czarny

Postby BruceCrichton » Mon May 13, 2002 6:18 pm

Longrow is distilled differently from Springbank and hence the different name. It is distilled very rarely and is usually snapped up quickly.

Mark Davidson from Cadenhead's gave me a taste of Longrow new make which was surprisingly smooth and heavily peated. I did wonder if it was an Islay malt when I tasted it.

I once found a miniature of Longrow which was selling for £9. Longrow retails for just over £40 per bottle.

I've never tried it so you can decide for yourself it Longrow is worth the same as Bowmore 17 yr or Bowmore darkest or Highland Park 18 yr olf
BruceCrichton
Double Gold Member

Postby Ian_Hamilton » Tue May 28, 2002 8:44 pm

ITS FANTASTIC
well worth the money!!!
Ian_Hamilton
Bronze Member

Related whiskies : Longrow

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder