Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Jack Daniels Single Barrel?

General chat and talk about whisky.

Jack Daniels Single Barrel?

Postby awhiskeydrink » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:21 pm

I've been trying all of Jack Daniels offeings from something completely different from my usally 15 year old scotches and handmade bourbons. I just thought for kicks I'd ask what others thought of Jack Daniels Single Barrel. I'm try to be open minded since I shoot for unbiased reviews (for example the head-to-head of Old No. 7 vs Gentlemen's)

Appreciate your thoughts/opinions,
Swift
awhiskeydrink
awhiskeydrink

Re: Jack Daniels Single Barrel?

Postby lockejn » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:47 am

In my opinion the SB is the best of the line. Unfortunately, any single barrel whiskey is going to vary in a multitude of ways from barrel to barrel.
lockejn
Triple Gold Member

Postby Drammed » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:00 pm

lockejn wrote:In my opinion the SB is the best of the line. Unfortunately, any single barrel whiskey is going to vary in a multitude of ways from barrel to barrel.

agreed it is the best of the JD lineup and is not a bad dram in any way. That being siad I find there are better bourbons for the money. Blantons, Bookers and Wild Turkey Rare Breed should cost about the same and are superior IMHO

Cheers
Drammed
Gold Member

Postby bcrossan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:21 pm

I would have a hard time picking this over many other bourbons (i.e. Pappy 15, Vintage 17, BTAC, etc). But against the rest of the JD line it is the best.

I did a tasting at one of my local retailers who picked out a couple barrels for their various stores and I mostly tasted corn and was not really able to get much else from them.
bcrossan
Silver Member

Postby awhiskeydrink » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:01 am

Thanks for the replies so far everyone.

I just finished taking notes this evening on the single barrel taste test, and I'm surprised how well Jack Daniels faired. I contacted the company last month about doing a review on my site, and they really hooked me up. I'm trying to keep the reviews unbias, but there is something to be said for having the company's vice president contact you back a week later. All and all, I just enjoy the reviews and sippin' a little with my friends and good company.

Cheers,
Swift
awhiskeydrink
awhiskeydrink

Postby awhiskeydrink » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:26 am

finally got a taste testing up of Jack Daniels Old No. 7 vs. Gentleman Jack. I'll have to post the Single Barrel later this week.
www.awhiskeydrink.com
Thanks & enjoying the forum,
Swift
awhiskeydrink

Postby The Third Dram » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:38 pm

lockejn wrote:In my opinion the SB is the best of the line.

I would have to concur.

The only possible exceptions might be some of the special commemorative release that came out many years ago.

(I still have an unopened bottle of the 1904 St-Louis World's Fair issue.)
The Third Dram
Triple Gold Member

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder