Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Age of Old Crow Reserve

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Age of Old Crow Reserve

Postby Drew193 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:32 pm

I recently came into possession of a fifth of Old Crow Reserve (Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey). The bottle was my Great Grandfather's. It is still in, what I assume, is its original box, has never been opened, and from what I can tell, is gift wrapped. There isn't much that I can tell from the outside but here are a two things that I have come up with through minimal research of the brand and family history.

- Printed on a wrapper around the bottle (see pictures) it says 86 Proof, which means that it is Old Crow "Reserve".

-Based on my grandfather's birthdate, I concluded that my great grandfather would have potentially come into possession of it anytime between 1900 and 1930 at the soonest.

My hope is that through the pictures someone will be able to put a relative year on the bottle. I'm a beginner whiskey enthusiast, and would love to know what I have my hands on here.

The pictures are posted on my Flickr because I had problems uploading them through this site. Here is the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/63854736@N06/
Drew193

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder