Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Good Bourbon or Whiskey?

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Good Bourbon or Whiskey?

Postby Ivan89 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Hello,

I got quite problem and I am not "pro" with chossing good brands of whiskey or bourbon. Next year I have a graduate year and I would like buy some good bourbon for my dad, he helped me a lot with school and I know bottle of good drink is not enough to "say thanks for all" but just something, I wont come to him with empty hands.
This year my godfather came from USA ( I am from Slovakia) and he bring Dalmore 12y single malt. I was like it and my dad too, when I was drinking with my godfather some drinks, my dad was drinking only that whiskey. I wasnt surprised, because that whiskey had very awesome taste.

When I asked my godfather what whiskey or bourbon can I buy for my dad, because he knows my dad longer than me and he know everything about my dad, he said " get bottle which you dont buy everywhere". Thats truth because good whiskey or bourbon you dont buy everywhere.
At long last of searching I found one bottle of Bourbon called "Bulleit". But problem is I cant get it in our country, but Czech country they selling it so I havent problem get it there.
But still there is a question and very simply. Did you every drink Bulleit bourbon? Whats ur view on that bourbon. Last question : If you think you can chosse some better brand of bourbon or whiskey ( scotch or irish) what brand do you chosse?

Its all for my dad realy I would like give him something .. special.

Thanks and please answer soon.
Ivan89

Re: Good Bourbon or Whiskey?

Postby bredman » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:08 pm

Ivan, it may be beneficial to list the brands that are available in Slovakia (or in the Czech Rep.). Have you considered ordering something from the internet, like from these guys.

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/C-33.aspx

Dalmore is a Single Malt Scotch.
bredman
Double Gold Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder