Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Whisky Live London 2012

The official Whisky Live forum - The world's premier whisky tasting show.
www.whiskylive.com

Whisky Live London 2012

Postby breathecosse » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:44 am

Just looked at tickets for this years event and for the first time since the very first one
I thinking i will be missing. The venue to me wasn't that great last year and the price hike means it may be the final nail.
breathecosse

Re: Whisky Live London 2012

Postby whiskynig » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:44 am

Yeah. Tickets too pricey and venue not great! Come on guys, I know we have a good time at the sessions, but I am not alone in thinking this! :evil:
whiskynig
Bronze Member

Postby breathecosse » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:25 am

Was begining to think it was me and the people that are usually with me that felt that.
Glad there is someone else agreeing.
breathecosse

Postby les taylor » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:47 pm

As for the same reasons above we've decided sadly not to attend this year as well. Last year there was about 20 in our party. Not sour grapes though, and wish all the best to the event.
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Paul A Jellis » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:50 pm

For the first time ever, I shall be attending on Friday and Saturday.
Paul A Jellis
Gold Member

Postby breathecosse » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:59 pm

What a joke. Got an email advertising 20% off ticket price. Maybe the should have thought before putting the price hike in place. Thanks for the offer but will not be going this year and may just decide not to bother returning in the future.
breathecosse

Postby Jake n Lucy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Got our tickets and looking forward to the show, can't wait. Been to many whisky shows but Live keeps us coming back for more. Always plenty to do and see nice areas to relax and something different every year.

Bit disappointed by the new ticket price, times are hard and it was almost out of our budget. We'll cut back on something else, food, elec or water :D

Hope to see some of you there and now we've finally joined the forum you may see us around here more.
Jake n Lucy

Postby Paul A Jellis » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:20 pm

Safely back home from, for me, the best Whisky Live for a long time. I actually like the new venue and think it works really well with the main hall and all the other rooms available.

The mood on Friday night was very different to the Saturdays that I'm used to, far more relaxed and easy going, the food was good and much needed. I did try a couple of cocktails but they are not really me, but fun to try them. There was an excellent range of exhibiters, who, I thought, had brought more expressions with them than previous years, with some first class drams on offer. Everybody that I spoke to was very passionate about their product and that rubbed off on me.

Saturday was great fun, I enjoyed the VIP treatment and the food was excellent, I never did get to the VIP lounge, I preferred to go outside every now and then to get a breath of fresh air. I was good to meet up with lots of old friends and make some new ones.

Overall, given the quality of the whisky available, it was a great day (or two) out and worth the money. I shall endeavour to do the same again next year (maybe leaving out the cocktails).
Paul A Jellis
Gold Member

Return to Whisky Live

Whisky gift and present finder