Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

The Fine Oak Macallans

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

The Fine Oak Macallans

Postby Laphroaig » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:38 am

So I tried the 10, 15 and 21 yesterday. I'm not a big Macallan fan (lately), but these actually were pleasant.

The Brand Ambassador swears that these new productions do not drain off any of Macallan's traditional products. Supposedly these whiskies were always produced by Macallan, but generally sold to blending brands like Walker Chivas Famous G. etc. So their claim is they shaved off some whisky that would generally have been sold to blend.

The Brand Ambassador also was enthusiastic that Macallan would now have 4 products on the market for under $70.00 US. If I understood him correctly the 10 & 15 of this Fine Oak collection would be under this price and I assume he must be counting the standard 12 & Cask Strength bottlings as the other two. :idea:
Laphroaig
Bronze Member

Postby BruceCrichton » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:43 pm

The 15 year old will sell here for about £40 which about $70 at current exchange rate.

There is an 8 year old but that is aimed at Italy according to Whisky Magazine, as is the 12 year old.
BruceCrichton
Double Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:10 am

I was very privileged to taste them all at the distillery. And I was amazed by the quality it had and a new spectrum of aroma's and flavors you have never seen in The Macallan. I'm glad that the sales people have managed to get them on the market for a reasonable price.

It was nice to see that they produced a 21 year old Macallan aswell, wich was one of my favorites of the full range. For some countries it will be an additional range of Macallan on the sherry styled Macallan.

I'm just looking forward to the new Macallan when they are released here in the Netherlands and that won't belong, I believe.

Cheers,

Erik
Deactivated Member

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder