Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Anyone got any food recipes with whisky

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Anyone got any food recipes with whisky

Postby Ian_Hamilton » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:31 pm

Anyone got any recipes or know where I can find them on the net?
Ian_Hamilton
Bronze Member

Postby Matt2 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:25 am

There are a few over here on the Peatfreak website - http://www.peatfreak.com/articles.php

And of course we have lots of whisky cocktails to go with your dinner.
Matt2

Postby Aidan » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:15 pm

Aidan
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby WestVanDave » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:51 am

I don't have the actual recipe - a friend keeps it closely guarded - but I would highly recommend experimenting and trying to crack the code on...wait for it... Lagavulin Bread Pudding.

Basically a Bread Pudding with a sauce made of butter, sugar and Lagavulin to taste. Seemingly sacrilegious - but oh so good...

I'm sure it would work with other notable whisky's - but Lag has such a recognizable character.

Dave.
WestVanDave
Silver Member

Postby mr_a_non » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:09 pm

A personal favourite of mine:

Start off sweating an onion and some garlic in a large frying pan. Add half a glass of white wine and wait until it has practically evapourated before adding some liver (calves' liver is my personal favourite). Seal the liver on both sides and then add some double cream and your favourite whisky (if adding an islay then I add loads of black pepper too). Wait about two minutes for the cream to have reduced a bit. Serve - simple and delicious.
mr_a_non

Postby SasquatchMan » Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:51 am

Ham with a honey bourbon glaze is very nice.
SasquatchMan
Bronze Member

Postby rokipynes » Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:24 am

I make a beef stew where I brown the beef in a cast iron skillet and then sautee onions and garlic in the pan after the beef is into the pot. I then deglaze the skillet with scotch and a little water and add this liquid to the pot I have found that a sherried speyside such as a Macallan works best for our tastes. My wife who is a nonmalt drinker and our neighbor who has a malt on occasion like the taste of stew made this way. I use about a good dram of scotch when making a large crock pot of stew. Other items I put in that have a positive effect are horse radish and Dijon mustard and lots of onions.

Doug
rokipynes

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder