Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Littlemill 21 Year Old Burns Malt® Exclusive

News and announcements from the Whisky Magazine team

Littlemill 21 Year Old Burns Malt® Exclusive

Postby AmandaWhaymand » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:19 pm

Online whisky shop TheWhiskyBarrel.com today releases a new 21 year old Scotch whisky.

Specially selected for the TheWhiskyBarrel.com's exclusive Burns Malt series we have selected a single hogshead sherry cask bottling from the lost Littlemill Scotch malt whisky distillery.

Littlemill distillery was situated in the town of Bowling, Scotland and is considered a Lowland Scotch. The distillery closed in 1994 before being destroyed by a fire in 2004. Consequently few independent bottlings are ever released.

Only 60 bottles are available exclusively from The Whisky Barrel, shipping to customers Worldwide.

Littlemill 21 Year Old Burns Malt / 55.1%
£45.83 GBP ($71.82 USD) £54.99 inc VAT.

Tasting Notes:

Nose - Sweet sherry, molasses, leather, tobacco leaves and cinnamon spices.

Palate - Very busy on the tongue, fizzy sherbet, liquorice, tobacco, melted butter and long and dry sherry finish.
AmandaWhaymand
Bronze Member

Re: Littlemill 21 Year Old Burns Malt® Exclusive

Postby whiteshirt » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:12 pm

I think they have split the cask with these

http://www.whiskybroker.co.uk/acatalog/Littlemill.html
whiteshirt
Bronze Member

Re: Littlemill 21 Year Old Burns Malt® Exclusive

Postby honestdram » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:27 pm

Yes, it seems they have.
Both the Whisky Barrel 'Burns' label and the Whiskybroker bottlings are drawn from the same cask #35 at 55.1% abv

I understand that the cask is held by Whiskybroker, perhaps at the Bladnoch distillery (Whiskybroker is Martin Armstrong, son of Bladnoch owner Raymond Armstrong)
The cask yielded 306 bottles in total, 60 of which found their way to Whisky Barrel, who are charging £10 more per bottle
So you know where to buy it!

Although the Burns label is exclusive to Whisky Barrel, the whisky certainly isn't.
So I think their claim is misleading

Slainte!
honestdram
'Silent Still' Member

Return to Whisky News

Whisky gift and present finder