Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Diageo 2012 Release - Talisker 35yo

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Diageo 2012 Release - Talisker 35yo

Postby TaliskerBairn » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:30 am

Hi everyone&

I would really appreciate your opinion before I part with my hard earned cash as to whether or not you think that the Talisker 35yo Diageo Release is worth the £525 price tag?
 I am dying to add it to my collection, but at same time not willing to be taken for a fool as Diageo have had a habit of being a bit pricey in the past.

Thanks in advance for all your honest and forthright comments,

Kris
TaliskerBairn

Re: Diageo 2012 Release - Talisker 35yo

Postby corbuso » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:40 am

I tasted tonight together with the new 25, 30 YO and at the Distillery Only.

I enjoyed it clearly better than the 25 and 30 YO, with superb smoky nice, rather on the mellow side, while retaining a nice intensity.
If you like the previous 20-30 YO expression of Talisker, then you should not be disappointed by this 35 YO.
The tasting notes should be available by the beginning of next week at the latest on my website (www.whisky-news.com)

Corbuso
corbuso
Gold Member

Postby cavalier66 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:09 pm

Have had one on (prepaid) pre-order for over a month! Will tell you when I get to taste it... btw, has anyone else actually had delivery of this one yet?
Cav
cavalier66

Postby corbuso » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:45 pm

Yes, the first bottles arrived in Switzerland about 1 month ago. But delivery other countries have been delayed. Some French retailers received it this week, as well as some German retailers.
Apparently, in UK and The Netherlands as well.

PS: Excellent Talisker but (very) different from the 10 YO :-)
corbuso
Gold Member

Postby TaliskerBairn » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:48 am

Thanks toy everyone who has replied, and think now that I've been swayed. Think that because it's the first every 35yo release that's why it's carrying such a weighty price tag, but I would hope that over time it will retain it's value.

I hope that you don't think that I'm mental buying this to collect it, some would say that it's sacrilegious to keep it locked up!!

Kris aka TaliskerBairn
TaliskerBairn

Postby Willie JJ » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:32 pm

TaliskerBairn wrote:I hope that you don't think that I'm mental buying this to collect it, some would say that it's sacrilegious to keep it locked up!!

Sacrilege!! :P
Willie JJ
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Ganga » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:30 am

Willie JJ wrote:
TaliskerBairn wrote:I hope that you don't think that I'm mental buying this to collect it, some would say that it's sacrilegious to keep it locked up!!

Sacrilege!! :P

My bellly is a safe depository for your Talisker. Willie will testify..... :smoke:
Ganga
Matured cask

Postby TaliskerBairn » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:59 pm

Thought I'd post a wee update after you guys were so kind to offer to look after any potential purchase of Talisker 35.

I ended up in a moment of weakness ordering two bottles as I'd kick myself if I'd only ordered the one......and the presentation cases are awesome!

Can't stop looking at them and if they taste anywhere near how they look then it'll not before I'm tempted to crack into one of them, haha!

Merry Xmas to you all,

Kris
TaliskerBairn

Postby Willie JJ » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:40 pm

TaliskerBairn wrote:Can't stop looking at them and if they taste anywhere near how they look then it'll not before I'm tempted to crack into one of them, haha!

Merry Xmas to you all,

Kris

I hope that if you do open one it meets your expectations Kris. Merry Christmas to you too.

corbuso wrote:I tasted tonight together with the new 25, 30 YO and at the Distillery Only.

I just noticed the reference to the distillery only bottle. Is this a new one Patrick or is it the old 2007 bottling? When I was there in November they said they were hopeful of getting a new distillery only bottle, but hadn't heard yet.
Willie JJ
Cask Strength Gold Member

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder