Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Help with a Coleraine whiskey

All your whisky related questions answered here.
Related whiskies : Coleraine

Help with a Coleraine whiskey

Postby Nomar » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:29 am

Hi
First time on the board and I'd be very grateful if someone could help me with a query regarding a Coleraine whiskey.

I have in my possession a bottle of Coleraine Irish whiskey. The label says '70% proof, 26 2/3 fluid ounces bottled by Coleraine distillery limited'.

As far as I know this was purchased in 1975 at the old Coleraine distillery before it closed in 1978. The level in the bottle is down to 'shoulder level', but the seal remains intact.

Could any one give me any more information on the bottle together with a approximate value as I have somebody interetsed in buying it.

Thanks very much

Norman
Nomar

Re: Help with a Coleraine whiskey

Postby corbuso » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:00 am

Hello,
Could you please send a picture of the bottle?
This would be needed for evaluating the age and value of it.
Thanks

http://www.whisky-news.com
corbuso
Gold Member

Postby Nomar » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:18 pm

Hi corbusa

Hope this pic helps. If you need any more info I'd be happy to supply it.

Thanks
Norman
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nomar

Postby corbuso » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:55 pm

Coleraine used to produce single malt until 1964 and sold it as a 10 yo single malt. 2-3 years the single malt was selling for several hundred £ . Unfortunately, your bottle is more recent, with a screw cap from the 1970s, in line with your information. The distillery was then only producing grain. The same bottle with the 40% 70 cl label goes on auctions for about £10. I have not seen your bottle with the proof label at auctions, therefore I don't have any reference. I would certainly evaluate it for £30. This is my humble opinion and I might be wrong
corbuso
Gold Member

Related whiskies : Coleraine

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder