Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Whisky Live New York 2005

The official Whisky Live forum - The world's premier whisky tasting show.
www.whiskylive.com

Whisky Live New York 2005

Postby Matt2 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:27 am

Whisky Live is making its New York City debut. Organised by Whisky Magazine, during Tartan Week, whisky lovers can expect to experience an incredible and in-depth insight into the world of whisky. Whisky Live New York is your chance to become closer to the industry, taste rare and sought-after whiskies, increase your knowledge and meet the experts.

:arrow: http://www.whiskylive.com/usa/newyork-2005/
Last edited by Matt2 on Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt2

Postby Lawrence » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:33 am

Great, WL is working it's way closer to the west coast! Patience, patience.
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby MGillespie » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:44 am

Can't wait!!!

One suggestion...wish there was a way for the distilleries to bring some of the merchandise they sell at their gift shops and web sites to sell at the event. I know it's probably more trouble than it's worth...
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Whisky Live NY

Postby posterboy » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:58 pm

Your planned whisky tasting in NY sounds great. There has not been a large tasting here (as far as I know) since early November.'

That said, your pricing system appears to be unusual compared to other large whiskey tastings I have attended here (e.g., SMWSA events, WhiskyFest, etc.). That is, most require attendees to pay a flat price, which includes dinner and all the samples they want (or can handle), while yours is based on a pay-per-sample system. Considering the price, this seems somewhat cumbersome and may actually detract from the benefit of the events for the distilleries, since attendees will have to be more selective about which whiskies they taste (I have discovered several wonderful drams at pay-one-price tastings because I could try anything at no additional cost).

Just a thought...
posterboy

Postby Matt2 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am

Online ticket sales have now been stopped. You can still purchase your tickets on the door or by calling the ticket office on (1) 866 700 7320.
Matt2

Return to Whisky Live

Whisky gift and present finder