Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Glenfiddich 1952 distillation

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Glenfiddich 1952 distillation

Postby jen1010 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:58 pm

Hello, this is my first post. Thanks for the help. I have a bottle of Glenfiddich 1952 withdrawn in 1968. I want to get a value and sell it. I am in Maine, USA and I can't figure out who to ask or where to sell it. Any ideas? I am not a scotch drinker ( perish the thought--I have never developed a taste for it :)--is this a tasty one?
Jen
jen1010

Postby richard » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:00 pm

best place is ebay but check it out first postage charges and payments and what to sell the bottle for have a good look around ebay first

richars
richard
Silver Member

Postby jen1010 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:56 pm

thank you, i have to look into it, I may not be able to list it and or ship it in the usa we some weird laws here.
jen1010

Postby jen1010 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:02 pm

I was correct, here are ebay's US rules, thanks anyway:

Due to the many difficulties inherent in Internet alcohol sales, eBay's U.S. site will not permit the listings of wine, beer and other alcoholic beverages on its Web site. The only exception to this rule is regarding collectible containers and certain, pre-approved wine sellers (see below). Even if you are a licensed vintner or liquor distributor, you are not permitted to sell alcohol on the U.S. eBay site unless you are in a small group of pre-approved wine sellers.
jen1010

Postby dethus » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:15 pm

Hello Jen,

although eBay has strict rules on selling alcohol, many bottles are traded (from and within the US). If you add a standard quote like "the value of the item is the container, not it´s content .." (check out some other auctions for text examples), it should be fine.

For the value, you could check
- http://www.whiskyauction.com (German auctioneer, specialized on whisky)
- http://www.mctears.co.uk (Glasgow auctioneer)
- http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com (London based dealer)

May be you find a hint there.

Best regards,
Andreas
dethus

Glenfiddich 1952 ???

Postby TheLiquorBaron » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:55 am

Hi there, I am wondering if you still have this bottle available.
Regards,
Troy @ Bar Items Plus, Australia.
bar_items_plus@dodo.com.au
TheLiquorBaron
Bronze Member

Postby MGillespie » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:33 am

Jen, Andreas is right on this...take a good look at how others have listed "collectible containers" which just happen to be full, and go for it. The one thing to be aware of is that you should ship through UPS or FedEx Ground...it is illegal to send alcohol through the US Mail, and the postal inspectors don't have a good sense of humor.

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder