Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Bladnoch 10YO Flora and Fauna

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.
Related whiskies : Bladnoch 10 Years Old

Bladnoch 10YO Flora and Fauna

Postby bamber » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:16 am

I've had some great new (to me) whiskies lately (mainly from friends), including some 21YO Old Malt Cask Port Ellen and a really good 25YO Old Malt Cask Caol Ila, but this is the first whisky in a while that I've had to write something down about.

As I'm sure most of us do, I've got a cupboard full of whisky and I always mix and match for contrast, but I *had* to have 6 drams of this stuff in a row. It just got better and better and more intensely flavoured as the evening went on.

To be honest I found it quite hard to pick out lots of flavours, for me it was more of a single theme expressed prefectly. A great essay rather than a great novel perhaps :wink: :roll: The Lowland Clynelish 14YO ?

I'm afraid my tasting notes were affected by JM and MJ (his book) as I read them a couple of days before getting the whisky.

Nose: Citrus and white fruits, lightly caramelised sugar, very fresh and inviting.
Taste: Perfect bitter sweet balance, with super intense malt and fruit build up, with very light gingery spice and ? some sherry ?
Finish: Intense and long, getting fairly dry at the end - demands another pour.

IMHO a perfect whisky - especially bearing in mind that I generally drink Islay and Bourbon and have never met a Lowlander I got on with before. I guess it's because this stuff is pretty intense.

MJ and JM both rate it very highly in their books but I find the review on this website very puzzling. Top 10 whisky for me without doubt :)
bamber
Double Gold Member

Related whiskies : Bladnoch 10 Years Old

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder