Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Knob Creek

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Knob Creek

Postby The-Bluebear » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:55 am

Has anybody tatsed Knob Creek and what do you think?

The-Bluebear

Postby richard » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:05 pm

it was a while ago when i tasted knob creek cant remember tating notes but a nice bourbon very pleasing would bye again enjoy it

richard
richard
Silver Member

Postby Ed » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:53 pm

Hello All,
Interesting that you should ask that as I am just now drinking my first Knobb's Creek. My first sip I was a bit put off. Not what I was expecting. ( I had been enjoying my first Buffalo Trace. Wonderful stuff, much lighter.) Then I took another sip and another and now I think I am on my third, maybe fourth pour. I have been wanting to change to Elijah Craig, but every time I get up to charge my glass I splash just a bit more into my glass. Just a bit...
It has a sweetness that I can't quite place, not the honey I taste in Russell's Reserve, maybe more a molasses-burnt sugar. There some vanilla there and a hint of orange. A darker flavor there too, maybe oak-leather. Nice long finish.
Ed
Ed
Silver Member

Postby bamber » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:34 pm

Bookers and Knob Creek are the best of Jim Beam by a long way (IMHO). KC has a different flavour profile to white and black label (which is good IMO). It's been a while since I had any. Hmm maybe a trip to the shops is called for :)
bamber
Double Gold Member

Postby Ed » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:45 pm

Hello All,
Booker's is very nice. I have only had two Booker's and as a single barrel offering it is going to vary. I loved both of them. I have drunk an awful lot of Jim Beam White Label in the past but not recently. I got one bottle and was surprised at how, )I don't want to say bad, but I can't think of anything else to say about it) it was. I may not be able to finish it. I have had the Black Label in a bar and I enjoyed it. I haven't seen it in the shops much so I haven't had the chance to explore a bottle of that, though I want to. I saw it today but it was about sixth place on my wish list so I didn't get any. Actually it was further down the list than that. A large number of single malts were eliminated by price. That and the fact that I have four unopened bottles waiting for me to say nothing of the open ones I must attend to.

Ed
Ed
Silver Member

Postby bamber » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:43 pm

Just got back from the pub - KC £1.40 a shot so had a couple. Seemed really powerful tongiht. Lovely.
bamber
Double Gold Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder