Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Glenfarclas 105 age -- back of 35cL box says 10 years?

All your whisky related questions answered here.
Related whiskies : Glenfarclas 105

Glenfarclas 105 age -- back of 35cL box says 10 years?

Postby hpulley » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:15 pm

Interestingly I've seen the "8 to 10 years" figure mentioned for Glenfarclas 105 but I recently picked up a 35cL bottle (since the 70cL won't be here until next month) and while the bottle mentions no age on the back in the marketing blurb about Glenfarclas it clearly states that it is at least 10 years old. Does anyone know if this is a mistake or if it is true?

Harry
hpulley
Triple Gold Member

Postby karlejnar » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:57 pm

Just went through my files. I usually scan the boxes before throwing them out.

I had a 35cl 105 with box bought at the distillery, and I did scan it, but unfortunately only the front of it. :oops:

So I am sorry I can't help you here :roll:
karlejnar
Silver Member

Postby Lawrence » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:12 am

Harry, perhaps this will help, although it's not a prefect answer. The early Glenfarclas 105's were clearly marked on the bottle and box as being 8 years old and there were about 4 variations.

The newer style of bottle/box does not have an age statement as you know but the supporting info indicates that it's close to a 10 year old. I've found two different types but I'm sure there are more.

As an aside there was a bottling for the USA market that was 104 proof 12 year old because 105 proof and higher was banned from import.

The current bottle with black metal tube was released in 2003 and the supporting info clearly states that it is a 10 year old although the bottle/tube do not state this.
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby hpulley » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:05 pm

The back of my 35cL's box states among other things, "Creating this complex and amazingly smooth 10 years (sic) old cask strength Single Highland Malt Scotch Whisky represents the tradition and experience handed down through six generations of my family." Like the one you mentioned above, Lawrence, the bottle itself lists no age.

I'll check the 70cL box/bottles when they arrive next month.

Harry
hpulley
Triple Gold Member

Related whiskies : Glenfarclas 105

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder