Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Want to be Like James Bond ?

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Want to be Like James Bond ?

Postby bamber » Wed May 18, 2005 2:09 pm

bamber
Double Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed May 18, 2005 6:48 pm

A great find, Bamber! And bourbon the top choice. What do you think of that, Christian?

Fleming's conception of his heros as sophisticated drinkers and his villains as teetotals is interesting. Probably says more about Fleming than anything.
Deactivated Member

Postby Mr Fjeld » Wed May 18, 2005 6:59 pm

A great find, Bamber! And bourbon the top choice. What do you think of that, Christian?

I rest my case - and find peace in the thought that bourbon must be the chip in his armour and his achilles heel as he was whisked away at least once when he was about to enjoy bourbon...

Not even Bond is perfect it seems.......

:P

Skål!
Christian
Mr Fjeld
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby bernstein » Wed May 18, 2005 9:10 pm

Scotch and soda 21, straight scotch 17 – hey, that’s 38 in total on the scotch side to 37 on the bourbon side! 007 is a scotch-man after all!
bernstein
Gold Member

Postby bernstein » Wed May 18, 2005 9:19 pm

Oooh, I just read further...
Bourbon and branch water 10, Bourbon and soda 7, and even two canadian whiskeys...
Adieu mon cher commandant écossais!
bernstein
Gold Member

Postby Lawrence » Wed May 18, 2005 11:34 pm

Whisky or Whiskey wins hands down it seems!

Lawrence
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby rthomson » Thu May 19, 2005 3:59 am

Now that makes for fine reading. I don't think I'll find anything like this if I ever pick up one of those Harry Potter books.
rthomson
Silver Member

whisky vs martinis

Postby Wendy » Fri May 20, 2005 4:09 am

Hello to all,
That is a great website…thank goodness for those subculture types!! I was happy for personal reasons to read the results of the survey. But, I must begin to say that amongst the forum members’ expertise, I feel like a fish out of water. I enjoy reading your comments and have appreciated the information and knowledge that is expressed by forum members on the world of whisky et al. In light of this, I hope you find my story a little amusing.

In November 2004, I was invited to a Bond Party with guests being asked to dress up as a Bond characters. It was a rare occurrence when informal and opulence went comfortably hand in hand. Upon arriving at the party, guests were greeted at the door with martinis that seemed to be running on tap for the rest of the night. The house was rather large and in every main room there were flat screen televisions playing Bond movies…atmosphere, atmosphere and more atmosphere. My friend, who had dressed up as Felix, (CIA and Bond’s friend) was giving me a tour of the house which also was a way of meeting up with friends who had arrived at different times. As we entered the “cigar smoking room”, it was full of 007’s, villains, Bond girls and vixens and the cigar smoke had created a light fog like impression. I could see by the box of cigars, lay a tray that held the makings for martinis. I discreetly and, of course, with the authority of a Bond girl, turned to my friend and said: “this room is full of Bond imposters; James would only be drinking whisky on a night like tonight.” Unfortunately, my opinion of their inferior taste in drink, lacked the foresight of the imposters superior hearing. To the hisses and chattels, we quickly cleared the room. Rif, raf, I say!!

Wendy
P.S. Later that night, we overcame our differences on the dance floor.
Wendy
Gold Member

Postby bamber » Fri May 20, 2005 10:20 am

That sounds like a fun party Wendy. Do Bond girls drink Bourbon too ? Or do they stick to the Scotch ?
bamber
Double Gold Member

Bond Girls and Bourbon

Postby Wendy » Fri May 20, 2005 9:28 pm

Hi Bamber,
I am definitely not an expert on either Bond girls or Bourbon. But, a group of friends of mine would travel to Kentucky every March over a three year period. Over that time, as a gift, they would bring me back a bottle of Rebel Yell. I must say that when my friends changed their spring travel arrangements, my annual Rebel Yell treat dried up. It has been about six years that I have had any Bourbon.
Kind regards,
Wendy
Wendy
Gold Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder