Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Tobermory

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.
Related whiskies : Tobermory

Tobermory

Postby tracy » Sun May 22, 2005 8:50 pm

i wonder if anyone could help me please, i have a bottle of whisky that is from ledaig distillery. It is 75cl tobermory malt scotch whisky that is between 18 and 20 years old. i was wondering if it had any value?
tracy

Postby Lawrence » Mon May 23, 2005 1:05 am

I'm sure that it does have some value but as to real $ value I don't know. You might want to take a look at the website of the Whisky Exchange, they have quite a few different types of Tobermory and Ledaigs.
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby tracy » Mon May 23, 2005 7:10 am

thanks for the reply i had a look on that site but i'm still no nearer to a valuation. if anyone else could help please post a reply, thanks
tracy

Postby rthomson » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:04 am

The changes in ownership and names between Ledaig and Tobermory can make it difficult to track. The Ledaig distillery dates back from 1798 but was defunct for a few years and then reopened as Tobermory. Yet their peated malts are still under the lable of Ledaig. I'm really not clear on the full story. Do you know the vintage? When you say 18 or 20 years old do you mean how old the bottle is or how long the whisky aged in the cask? That will make a difference

Ron
rthomson
Silver Member

Related whiskies : Tobermory

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder