Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Smooth sweeter one - JMR

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Smooth sweeter one - JMR

Postby Aidan » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:59 am

I tried the new version yesterday. Very nice. Pretty zesty but not at all harsh, for such a young malt. Smooth and sweetish, just like it says on the bottle.

Worth a try.
Aidan
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:40 am

And what makes it even better is that the Oddbins price (for the 50cl bottle) has dropped from £17 to £14
Deactivated Member

Postby Aidan » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:06 am

Oddbins has some very good prices at the moment, even over here in Ireland. The Smooth Sweeter one is EUR 25, which is not bad. I am not sure if that's a 50 cl bottle or a 70 cl bottle. Do they do both?
Aidan
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:05 pm

In the UK, they only do 50cl bottlings.
Deactivated Member

Postby Lord_Pfaffin » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:41 am

The original had a splash of vanilla that i miss with the newer version. As a matter of fact i found the older one sweeter and smoother that the new, but i must admit @ $38cdn, more drinkable than the Glenlivet 12 now on sale for the same price.
This tidbit from a rescent news letter:
"Jim Murray's (George Best's double - his words not ours...) new bible gives us stunning results - Smooth Sweeter 89/100, Rich Spicy 85/100 and Smokey Peaty a whopping 92/100. He even claimed he had the idea for "whisky without the waffle" too! Flattery will get you everywhere - cheers Jim!"
I have tried all three and found each a good value.
Ardaíonn ár ngrá muid féin níos airde i gcónaí!
Lord_Pfaffin
Silver Member

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder