Hi Dan - I make it to Edmonton about once every six weeks or so... (Calgary much more frequently), and will keep in touch, as I'm sure there's lots to discover. I usually stay downtown - and they roll up the sidewalks at night - and send everyone home (government-town-syndrome?).
Bin 104 is a new addition - and although the selection is just getting up and running I would recommend getting on their mailing list for their special events and tastings... They had a Bruichladdich night that I would love to have attended:
First Public Tasting of Bruichladdich Forty
Bill Tanasichuk (owner of Bin 104 in Edmonton, Canada) Chris McKenna, Mike Percy and Debby Carlson are amongst the clients that tasted The Forty @ $150 a shot – and not surprisingly, look at the level in their glasses!…
Here's their next event:
Single Malt Scotch 21Year Old's
October 12 (SOLD OUT)
Second night: Thursday October 13 th, 2005 7:00 PM
Did you know that:
- 21 ( twenty - one ) is the natural number following 20 and preceding 22 .
- 21 had been the age of majority in England and Wales before that age was lowered to 18 with the coming into force, on 1 January 1970 , of the Family Law Reform Act 1969
- The Twenty-first Amendment repealed the Eighteenth Amendment , thereby ending Prohibition
- The atomic number of Scandium.
- A drinking game in which the goal is to get the group to 21 without saying it oneself.
- Some of the best single malt scotch's in the world are 21 Years Old and are being tasted at BIN 104.
$40.00 Per Person
Wednesday - sold out
SIGN UP FOR WAITING LIST TASTING
Thursday, October 13th, 2005 7:00 PM
(20 seats available)