Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Ardbeg very young in the US?

All your whisky related questions answered here.
Related whiskies : Ardbeg Very Young

Ardbeg very young in the US?

Postby jeffk » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:15 am

I'd like to try Ardbeg very young, but I don't find it at any US retailers. Does anyone know if it's carried anywhere in the US, and if not, any suggestions on where to order it from the UK where shipping wouldn't be a killer? Thanks...
jeffk
Bronze Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:46 pm

Normally I would recommend Loch Fyne Whiskies at http://www.lfw.co.uk , but a glance at their inventory shows that they don't seem to have any in stock.
Deactivated Member

Postby JWFokker » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:47 am

As far as I can tell, you just can't get Ardbeg Very Young in the US. If you want to get it from the UK, shipping will probably run about $30-40, and the fact that the dollar kinda sucks right now doesn't work in our favor either. For such a young whisky, it could easily run you $100 depending where you are and where you buy it from.

Here's one I found:

http://www.singlemaltsdirect.com/acatalog/Ardbeg.html

To New York, it was about $80 with shipping. Which isn't too horribly outrageous, though considering I could nearly get two bottles of Ardbeg 10 for that price, I'd have to ask myself if it's really worth it.
JWFokker

Postby jeffk » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:24 am

Thanks JW, I came to the same conclusion after looking around some.

I also got an email from the US Distributor of Ardbeg telling me that the Very Young isn't imported into the US at the moment.

I'll be in London in March, perhaps I can pick up a few bottles then :)
jeffk
Bronze Member

Postby Habanero » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:38 pm

Habanero

Postby jeffk » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:42 pm

Thanks for the link, Hab, but all I see is the Ardbeg 10 :( They also say they only ship to FL. Double :( But thanks anyhow!
jeffk
Bronze Member

Postby Habanero » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:48 pm

Sorry - did not realize they only ship to Florida but as far as their inventory goes they can get much more than is listed on there website. Just have to call and talk to someone. I have one of their stores near my house and while they did not regularly stock the Bowmore 25 - they were able to get it. I will say the one by me does have a pretty damn fine selection of whisky though.

Good luck. Try Google.
Habanero

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:07 pm

Just got a mailing from LFW and it shows AVY in their stock. They will ship to the US, but it isn't cheap, and you are advised to read their caveats on shipping to the US carefully. But if you gotta have one, here it is. A side benefit is that, once you order from them, they will send you their splendid Scotch Whisky Review periodically.
Deactivated Member

Postby BruceCrichton » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:17 pm

Try:

http://www.whiskyshopdufftown.co.uk/lis ... l0105.html

Fiona does ship to America although I don't know what her postage and packing charges are.
BruceCrichton
Double Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:17 am

£15.50 per bottle as opposed to £17.00 for LFW; however, LFW appears at a glance to have better prices--e.g. £36.50 for Lagavulin at LFW, £40.50 at Dufftown. Hmmm, probably cheaper to buy that one that way than to pay the extortionate prices it goes for on this side of the pond....
Deactivated Member

Postby BruceCrichton » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:32 am

Ardbeg VY is£27 in Dufftown.

Fiona has a range of stuff from Signatory, Douglas Laing and the Creative Whisky Company, the last of which is hard to find, in Britain anyway, as they export mostly to Japan and Germany.
BruceCrichton
Double Gold Member

Bevmo

Postby msanime » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:00 am

I thought I saw it at Bevmo here in SOuthern California.

They also have an online store.
msanime

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:20 am

Oh, Very Young...what will you leave us this time?
Deactivated Member

Related whiskies : Ardbeg Very Young

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder