Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Anyone tried Tullamore Dew "Heritage"

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.
Related whiskies : Tullamore Dew , Tullamore Dew Heritage

Anyone tried Tullamore Dew "Heritage"

Postby Frodo » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:41 am

New general list item at the LCBO is Tullamore Dew "Heritage". Has anyone tried it. Priced at C$57 which is between Bushmills 10 ($40) and Kappogue Castle or Conemarra ($65). I think Magilligan 8yr is about $55 or so. Any reviews, opinions, impressions, comments?
Frodo
Triple Gold Member

Postby Aidan » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:13 am

Hi Frodo

This is miles better than the standard Tullamore. It's better than the Bushmills 10 and the Knappogue. Quite like a very good aged Jameson. I think it's also a limited edition to mark the opening of a centre at the old distillery.
Aidan
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Frodo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:12 am

OK, keeping my eye out for this to go on sale at Bayview. The 'Heritage' has been discontinued, and those tend to go on sale at this outlet. Will get one when it goes on sale, then post - assuming 30% off...
Frodo
Triple Gold Member

Postby Wendy » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:26 am

Frodo wrote:OK, keeping my eye out for this to go on sale at Bayview. The 'Heritage' has been discontinued, and those tend to go on sale at this outlet. Will get one when it goes on sale, then post - assuming 30% off...

Hi Frodo,
Could you pick me one up at the same time. I think it would be a nice addition to our March 2007 St. Patricks Day Whisky tasting session! As a fan of Knappogue, it sounds tasty.
Wendy
Wendy
Gold Member

Postby rthomson » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:02 am

The "Heritage" was being poured at the SMWS Extravanganza-Seattle last March though not at the more recent one in November. Long story short, Tullamore was situated immediately next to Suntory and as everyone else was forming long lines for the scotch whiskies my first five drams were, in order, three Suntorys, Tully 12yo, and then the Heritage. It was a great Irish whiskey and upon returning home I excitedly emailed an old friend who is very much into his Irish heritage about it. It was a well balanced dram with some of the buttery mouthfeel of the 12. I recall some tempered sweetness on the nose and an overall lovely and straightforward, though not at all disappointing, malt taste profile. It was great stuff. I asked the brand ambassador if it was available in Washington and was disappointed at his negative reply. To make up for that he poured me two or three more, I honestly don't recall how many it was :lol: Great conversation about Ireland ensued and I left hoping I could get my hands on a bottle of it. Never happened though.

Cheers,
Ron
rthomson
Silver Member

Postby Aidan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:47 am

I think it's a special edition produced for the renovation or opening of the Tullamore Heritage Centre.

I hope you enjoy it if you buy it.
Aidan

Postby Frodo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:42 pm

Thanks Aidan!

Wendy wrote:
Frodo wrote:OK, keeping my eye out for this to go on sale at Bayview. The 'Heritage' has been discontinued, and those tend to go on sale at this outlet. Will get one when it goes on sale, then post - assuming 30% off...

Hi Frodo,
Could you pick me one up at the same time. I think it would be a nice addition to our March 2007 St. Patricks Day Whisky tasting session! As a fan of Knappogue, it sounds tasty.
Wendy

Will do Wendy!
Frodo
Triple Gold Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:57 am

I agree with Aidans comments. Does not have the richness of the Jameson 12yo but better than the nas, bushmills 10 knappogue etc. I don't know if I would describe it as similar to Jameson nas but it does have that slight sharpness that makes te back of your gums water (which is a positive by the way).
irishwhiskeychaser

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:09 pm

I don't know but I may of been thinking about the reg 12yo as I was not taking notes when I had a bottle many moons ago. The mind gets a bit fuzzy after 100's of different drams :roll:

Have a quick look here

http://www.tullamoredew.ie/
irishwhiskeychaser

Related whiskies : Tullamore Dew , Tullamore Dew Heritage

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder