Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Opinions on the Talisker 175th anniversary malt...

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Opinions on the Talisker 175th anniversary malt...

Postby Aidan » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:50 pm

Anyone try it?
Aidan
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Sherried Malt » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:49 am

I'm trying it as I'm typing this. Very nice nose of peat and smoke. Round and sweet on the palate. Highly enjoyable.

I think it's clearly better than the Talisker 10 (fuller and bigger), but given its price, perhaps the more relevant comparsion would be against the 18, but since I've never tried one...

I think the bottom line is that it's a very nice whisky, but I don't know that it's worth its price in the US, which is 100 USD. I'd rather spend my money on a Lagavulin DE or save up and get a 1985 Macallan 18. However, if someone insisted on giving me one as a gift, I certainly wouldn't turn it down or trade it in! :wink: It would make a nice addition to anyone's collection.

Hope this helps.
Sherried Malt
Double Gold Member

Postby Aidan » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:24 am

Thanks Sherried Malt - I was taken in by the pakaging... I was told it's composition included some very old Talisker down to 12 year old Talisker. I can't remember the details, though.
Aidan

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:10 pm

I bought a bottle of this in Luvians last weekend. Haven't opened it yet as I've got too many on the go just now. Nice touch with the gold map of Skye on the bottle.
Aidan - the bloke in Luvians said he kept bottles aside for an Irish gentleman who visited every so often from Dublin - not you by any chance?
(By the way - good luck against Wales this arvo. With a quarter Irish blood in me, Ireland are my second team :wink:)
Deactivated Member

Postby Aidan » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:50 pm

Hi Crieftan

No, that wasn't me - I'm no gent... I got it in Oddbins over here. They have a very good selection, with many of them available for tasting.

Ireland did very well today, after a poor start. Henson was very poor.

Well done yesterday, by the way. This is turning out to be on of the most unpredictable 6 nations in a long time.
Aidan

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder