C_I wrote:But I do not know how the still surving bottles of the Flora & Fauna range will continue. Rosebank and Pittyvaich will of course discontinue (Distilleries are closed longer ago than the age statement on the bottle). And the rest?
They seem to have a pretty big stock of the young F&F's from long closed distilleries. Another one is Bladnoch - a bit odd that we now see two "official" bottlers - Diageo still bottling F&F 10yo and the new owner Raymond bottling Bladnoch too. What is even more odd is that he now sells the F&F 10yo in the distillery visitor center due to the fact that his own stock is now older than 13years (closed 1993). No hard feelings there
BTW do you think Diageo already bottled the F&F's and just have a huge stock of bottles sitting in one of their huge duty free warehouses? Then the age statement is still "valid". Otherwise they would have to move it from the casks to steel or glass tanks so it doesn't get any older. A third option off course is, that the malt in the bottles is in fact older than stated. That has been known to happen before.
All that said - and seeing how they put out Port Ellen and Brora's each year in "limited releases" - it will probably be a number of years before we've seen the last release of the other closed one's as well. But then they would be in the "Special Releases" range - the successor of the "Rare Malts" range.
The Bladnoch Flora & Fauna bottling is discontinued. The bottles you are likely to find are the already bottled ones and after that you'll have to buy the new edition from new owner Raymond Armstrong.
As for the other Flora & Fauna Editions the following are also discontinued (Now...listen all you investors and collectors out to make a profit!!
- F&F Discontinued, New 12 year old by House Of Dewar
- Now replaced by the new Inver House bottling
- F&F Discontinued - replaced by new Armstrong bottlings
- F&F Discontinued
- Discontinued - Replaced by new 14y. Edition
- F&F Discontinued - Replaced by new bottling from House Of Dewar
- F&F Discontinued - Replaced by new Edition/12y. old - New package
- F&F Discontinued - Distillery closed and destroyed.
- F&F Disontinued - Distillery closed, unlikely to reopen
- F&F Discontinued - New Owners, new package from Inver House
- F&F Discontinued - New Owners, new bottlings from Inver House
I guess the future will tell what will happen to the remaining Flora & Fauna Editions, I don't think they will last for long though.