Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Which Jameson is the best buy ?

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Which Jameson is the best buy ?

Postby gohanlon » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:55 am

Hi
Looking for some advice. Want to buy a good bottle of Jameson for my Dad as a wedding gift from myself and hubby to be.
I want it to be a bit special or hard get. Can someone give me some advice here. I'm looking and 4 different bottles at the moment but don't know what the difference between them is.
Jameson 18 yr old Master Selection, Jameson Gold, Jameson Limited Edition, Jameson Distillery Reserve 12 yr old.
Whats the oldest Jameson that can be got.
Thanks in advance G.............
gohanlon

Postby bamber » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:16 pm

All of those are good whiskies. The oldest of those is the 18yo and you can get it cheap here:

http://www.potstill.com/irish.html

Personally, if it were a gift to me, out of those 4 that is the one I would be most thankful for (and I love Irish whiskey). It just seems the most special.

It really depends on how much you are willing to spend. If you want something special, but it has to be Jameson:

Jamesons 15 year old. Pure pot still (2000). This might cost you over £100 though. Also it is very powerfully flavoured and if your dad prefers the blend he may find it overpowering.

If you want any Irish, that is very very good. A lot Irish whiskey fans are raving about Redbreast 15yo:

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/acatal ... Y_139.html

For what it's worth I rate this as one of the best whiskies (top 5) I have tasted in my life (from any country).

Got a few hundred to spare ?

Knappogue Castle 1951
bamber
Double Gold Member

Postby lbacha » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:56 pm

I'm not sure where you are located but I know you can get Jameson 15 yr in germany for 129 Euro very few bottles left so you may need to shop around. The presentation box it comes in is excellent and it would make a great gift, just bought one as a gift to myself.

Did I forget to mention that it is one of the finest Irish whiskeys I have tasted and I'm a huge Jameson fan so thats saying alot.

Len
lbacha
Gold Member

Postby kallaskander » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:58 pm

Hi there,

Jameson 15 pps is available in Germany because the owner of Irisch Lifestyle found some at the storage of another whisky dealer. The latter could not sell the reamining bottles and sold them on to Irisch Lifestyle.
So the already extinct Jameson resurfaced and is for sale in a limited quantity.

Greetings
kallaskander
kallaskander
Double Gold Member

Hi again

Postby gohanlon » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:49 pm

Where can I buy one of these 15yr old bottles. Looked on Irisch Lifestyle found something but cannot seem to buy any.
Please help point me in the right direction. I'm in Ireland by the way.
Thanks G..
gohanlon

Postby Aidan » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:07 pm

Hi

You won't find many for sale in Ireland - there's one in the Celtic Whiskey Shop on Dawson Street in Dublin.

I'd go for the Jameson 15 if I were you. There are some German online shops that have it. I'll find them. You can also get some at http://www.whisky.fr
Aidan
Cask Strength Gold Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder