Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

MacAllan 25 Year

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

MacAllan 25 Year

Postby aarkwilde » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:50 pm

I've got a bottle of MacAllan 25 Year distilled in 1967. Purchased in 1993, and it is unopened and still in the pine box.

The current 25 year is selling for quite a bit more then I paid for my bottle (ouch) and I was wondering if the bottle I have would fetch an even higher price then what I see in the store?
aarkwilde

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:17 am

The only record I have of the 1967 is that one sold on Ebay UK in Oct. 2004 for 140 GBP.

The 1968 version also sold in Oct. 2004, but for 225 GBP.
More recently, in March this year, the 1968 sold for 200 GBP which I would say is a fair assessment of the current value.

If sold in Germany, I may expect the price to be slightly lower at around €250.

I hope this helps,
WH
Deactivated Member

Postby Mr Ellen » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:23 am

I would agree that the value given by WH is accurate.
If you look at the history of Macallan Sales at McTears Auctions for example, the Macallan 25y. Anniversary Editions from the 60's rarely exceeds £200 at auction end.

Cheers

Postby aarkwilde » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:14 pm

Thank you for your help. I don't really have the intention of selling it, though my tastes are wandering more towards the islays right now. I still purchase the 12 year MacAllan on a fairly regular basis, but don't enjoy it as much as I used to. I'm not sure if it's because the quality is going down or my tastes are changing.

Perhaps in another 15 years my tastes will wander back to the sweeter malts and I'll finally open the thing.
aarkwilde

Re: MacAllan 25 Year

Postby Montgomery Scott » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:41 pm

It's inevitable that you become accustomed, and then bored with even your favourites.
Music, drinks, cuisine, you could even get bored of watching Big Brother! Imagine that!

Montgomery Scott

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder