Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Single Malt in Beijing

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Single Malt in Beijing

Postby Brian » Tue May 23, 2006 3:17 am

I am in Beijing on vacation I was wondering if any one knew of any of any stores in Beijing that have a good selection of Malts. I keep reading all of these stories about how China is a new and growing market for malt but all they seem to drink here is Basic blends. The places i have been to (restaurants and stores) seem to have a few blends (some i have never heard of) and then maybe 3 single malts. So if anyone knows of any stores here that have a good selection the help would be great.

Thanks again
Brian

Re: Single Malt in Beijing

Postby ilsoo » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:17 pm

Brian wrote:I am in Beijing on vacation I was wondering if any one knew of any of any stores in Beijing that have a good selection of Malts. I keep reading all of these stories about how China is a new and growing market for malt but all they seem to drink here is Basic blends. The places i have been to (restaurants and stores) seem to have a few blends (some i have never heard of) and then maybe 3 single malts. So if anyone knows of any stores here that have a good selection the help would be great.

Thanks again

Brian,

I think I may be a little late in replying, but nevertheless; you should try and check out the Red Moon Bar at the Grand Hyatt Beijing. I was there recently on vacation and was plesantly surprised with their single malt Scotch selection. Not as extensive as some of the bars in New York such as St. Andrews & Brandy Library, but still nothing to scoff at either. Well, best of luck!

Tom
ilsoo

Postby beijingboyce » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:08 pm

Aside from five-star hotel bars, The Tree and The Pavillion (both in central Beijing) have some nice single malts.
beijingboyce

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder