Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Glenrothes 1971 32yo

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.
Related whiskies : The Glenrothes 1971

Glenrothes 1971 32yo

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Fri May 26, 2006 11:28 am

Hi All, I'm a bit Curious and wondering if people can give me a guestimate. I bought a bottle of Glenrothes 1971 32yo 42.7% OB dumpy bottle in canister last year for what I considered a fair price from The Whisky Exchange.

I just happened to check lately and I see now that it is not available any more but the 1972(32yo) version is valued at £195 and the 1973(27yo) version at £139.00 again at the Whisky Exchange.

Now I don't intent to sell this but open it on my 40th bithday in 5 years time. (I know talk about planning ahead :roll: ) You guessed it, I was born in 1971.

I'd be very interested to know how much this is now worth (litterly for bragging value :oops: ).

After a few estimates I will reveal how much I actually paid for it at retail prices.

Just an interesting excercise on the rise of value in Malts.
Last edited by irishwhiskeychaser on Fri May 26, 2006 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
irishwhiskeychaser
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri May 26, 2006 12:44 pm

Hi IWC,
I don't have a current price range for that one, but I do know one sold in Sept. 2004 on Ebay Germany for €87.
Deactivated Member

Re: Glenrothes 1971 32yo

Postby Whiskybembel » Fri May 26, 2006 3:38 pm

irishwhiskeychaser wrote:Hi All, I'm a bit Curious and wondering if people can give me a guestimate. I bought a bottle of Glenrothes 1971 32yo 42.7% OB dumpy bottle in canister last year for what I considered a fair price from The Whisky Exchange.

I just happened to check lately and I see now that it is not available any more but the 1972(32yo) version is valued at £195 and the 1973(27yo) version at £139.00 again at the Whisky Exchange.

Now I don't intent to sell this but open it on my 40th bithday in 5 years time. (I know talk about planning ahead :roll: ) You guessed it, I was born in 1971.

I'd be very interested to know how much this is now worth (litterly for bragging value :oops: ).

After a few estimates I will reveal how much I actually paid for it at retail prices.

Just an interesting excercise on the rise of value in Malts.

Hi Irishwhiskeychaser,

the Vintages you are talking about are sold out since years. They are not any more available on the market. Their are some in Stores or Auctionshouses, but overprized. Sometimes you find some in Ebay.
The onlyone what you can get is the 73 Vintage, their are some available around 100Euro.(with Paperbox, not the Tube)
The 72 and 71 is in the range between 100 and 180 Euro now.
The 1972 came out new 2004. It is diffrent to the Restricted Release from1996!
If you need more Information about Glenrothes, just let me know, or you can have a look here (http://www.glenrothes-info.de) on my webpage.
Whiskybembel

Related whiskies : The Glenrothes 1971

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder