Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Question about the Ardmore signatory bottlings at the LCBO

All your whisky related questions answered here.
Related whiskies : Ardmore

Question about the Ardmore signatory bottlings at the LCBO

Postby Bob_McBob » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:15 pm

Can anyone tell me the difference between the "92 ARDMORE BOURBON CASK HIGHLAND (SIGNATORY)" and "92 ARDMORE SINGLE MALT SCOTCH SIGNATORY" at $59.95 and $54.95 respectively (aside from the obvious of course!)?

I have seen the $60 bottle recommended multiple times, but never the $55. I got my dad a bottle of the bourbon cask last year, which he enjoyed a lot. He is heading to Toronto for a conference and is thinking of stocking up with a couple more bottles. I'm wondering if it would be worth getting him to try the other version, if there is any difference. They are not terribly expensive, and the stock is slowly going down.

P.S. for anyone who has been at the Yonge and Summerhill LCBO recently, do they actually still have these in stock? I know their inventory system is often incorrect. I have gone to LCBO locations in search of specific bottles, only to find they only exist in the inventory system. Plus, it doesn't help to call ahead, as they check their own faulty inventory for stock! :evil:

Thanks
Bob_McBob

Re: Question about the Ardmore signatory bottlings at the LC

Postby BruceCrichton » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:31 pm

Bob_McBob wrote:Can anyone tell me the difference between the "92 ARDMORE BOURBON CASK HIGHLAND (SIGNATORY)" and "92 ARDMORE SINGLE MALT SCOTCH SIGNATORY" at $59.95 and $54.95 respectively (aside from the obvious of course!)?

Thanks

Just different casks, probably. Are the strengths different?
BruceCrichton
Double Gold Member

Postby Bob_McBob » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:53 pm

They are both 46%. You're probably right about the different casks, but I was wondering if anyone has tried both and has an opinion on the $55 bottle.
Bob_McBob

Postby hpulley » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:17 pm

They used to be $78 and $79 before they were priced reduced. Previously I had the one which is now $55 and now I have some which is $59. Both are very good. I never got the chance to put them side by side so I'm just assuming they're sister casks (would be great if someone could confirm) but from memory they both taste very similar so if you want to save $5 then by all means do pick up the $55 one. I'm almost down to my last bottle so I may have to get some more myself.

If you are into Ardmore, you might also want to check the 1990 14yo by G&McP for $79. It is also good.

Harry
hpulley
Triple Gold Member

Postby Frodo » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:38 am

Hi Bob:

As of last week the Summerhill location had about 7 bottles visable of the Signatory 12yr Ardmore @ $60. The only other bottling of Ardmore I know of is a Connisour's Choice bottling - not sure about the price on that one.
Frodo
Triple Gold Member

Postby Bob_McBob » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:02 pm

Just to update, my dad picked up four bottles on the 10th (apprently he really likes it). They were $55 each, and there was no $60 bottle on display. Three are what used to cost $60 (which he had a bottle of before), and are sequential bottles from the same cask. The fourth bottle is from a different cask of the same production.
Bob_McBob

Postby hpulley » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:39 pm

Thanks for the update, Bob. I thought they were from two casks but wasn't certain until now.

Harry
hpulley
Triple Gold Member

Related whiskies : Ardmore

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder