Thank you for the opinion WH!
In my recent enthusiasm, I made some studies as to what bottlings exactly I have and noticed I recalled some years incorrectly. Blame it on work & age..!
As said, I am in no hurry whatsoever to open them, and they always remind me of the occasion of when I got them, whether I bought them myself, or received them as gifts from distinguished colleagues or friends.
In some sense the bottles and their contents are to me multi-layered pieces of history, stored from consumption to represent in the future also how whisky was once, and on a personal level events & memories tied to my life and occasions surrounding it.
Here's but a few listed, with the correct year info. I am curious to hear other people's opinions of them, as I do not know any real collectors besides myself (most of my mates buy whisky - to drink it
- Aberlour A’bunadh, 1st release 59.6% and 6th batch 59.9%,
- Ardbeg Lord of the Isles, 46%
- Ardbeg Limited 1975 Edition, Bottled in 2000, 43%
- Ardbeg Limited 1977 Edition, non chill-filtered, 46%
- Ardbeg 17yo, 40%, 0.7 litres, unopened
- Ardbeg 10yo, 1994 – 2004, Gordon & MacPhail Connoisseurs Choice, 40%
- Bladnoch 18yo, Cadenhead’s individual cask, 300 bottles, dist. June 1980 – bottled Feb 1999, 57.5%
- Bladnoch 17yo, Cadenhead’s individual cask, dist. June 1980 – bottled April 1998, 57.2%
- Bowmore Claret Bordeaux Wine Casked Limited Edition, 56%
- Brora Rare Malts 1975, 20yo, 59.1%, bottles numbered
- Glenrothes 1987 – 1998, 43%
- Imperial Milroys Natural Cask Strength, Over 20 years old, dist. 1976 – bottled 1997, 59.9%,
- Lagavulin 12yo Special Release Bottled in 2002, Natural Cask Strength
- Laphroaig Quarter Cask double cask matured, 48%
- Longrow Sherrywood 10yo, 46%,(Bought from Milroys in 1999)
- Rosebank Milroys Lowland Reserve Natural Cask Strength, 7yo, dist. 1990 – bottled 1997, unchillfiltered, 60%
- Rosebank Flora & Fauna12yo, 43%
- Rosebank 9yo, Cadenhead’s individual cask, 306 bottles dist. 1989 – bottled 1998, 58.8%
- Rosebank Signatory Millenium edition 2000, Vintage 1990, cask no. 533, bottled 14th feb 2000, 43%
- Rosebank 8yo, Cadenhead’s, dist. April 1989 – bottled June 1997, 59.3%
- The Royal & Ancient Fine Old Blended Scotch Whisky, 28yo, A unique blend specially selected for the Millenium with over 50% malt whisky, Cockburn & Campbell ltd., 40%
- Springbank 21yo, 46%
- Springbank 12yo rum wood, Hogsheads / barrels, dist. 1989 – bottled April 2002, 5700 bottles, 54.6%