Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Whiskyexchange

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Whiskyexchange

Postby Whiskybembel » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:56 pm

Just a quick question:
How is your experience with International Shipping with this Shop?
Whiskybembel

Postby lambda » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:38 pm

I ordered a few times there (to the Netherlands). They are not very active with telling you about the ordering status (no emails), but I always got it in a reasonable amount of time, well packaged.
lambda
Bronze Member

Postby Xavier » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:46 am

Same here for Belgium. Never had any problem and the bottles are indeed very well packaged.
Xavier

Postby Bullie » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:50 am

No problems ordering from Scandinavia either. Answers mail quickly, and very customer-orientated. Highly recommended. :D
Bullie
Gold Member

Postby Aidan » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:20 am

I asked them for information about some bottles I had in my collection and got either no response or a curt one. Not the friendliest, I'd say, but I've never bought anything from them.
Aidan
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:03 am

Their shipping to me (also in Germany) has always been excellent.

Well packed, reasonably priced and always very quick.
Sometimes the parcel arrived within 2 days.
Deactivated Member

Postby kallaskander » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:20 am

Hi there,

strange thing Aidan! Kevin has Sukhinder as resident expert on exactly this kind of questions on his scotchblog.
But most probably you did not deal with the boss himself. Anyway they should probably think again on how to treat customers??!!
I was at their new shop within Winopolis in Southwark, London recently. I can only recomend the shop and the staff there.

Greetings
kallaskander
kallaskander
Double Gold Member

Postby Aidan » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:32 am

kallaskander wrote:Hi there,

strange thing Aidan! Kevin has Sukhinder as resident expert on exactly this kind of questions on his scotchblog.
But most probably you did not deal with the boss himself. Anyway they should probably think again on how to treat customers??!!
I was at their new shop within Winopolis in Southwark, London recently. I can only recomend the shop and the staff there.

Greetings
kallaskander

Well, in fairness to them, I was not a customer. I did offer them an item from my collection once, and I think the response was "sorry, not interested." Maybe it was just "not interested".

They could have been having a bad day, though. Other times I got no reply. That said, they could be very buisy, and it's not their job to reply to my queries.
Aidan

Postby Aidan » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:35 am

And, by the way, I hope my experiences don't put anyone off buying from them, a service that they seem to perform reasonably well.
Aidan

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:53 am

I ordered once from them and had no issues so I cannot comment on after sales service. The delivery took 4-5 days which I find acceptable. I ordered on a Monday evening and took delivery on a Friday morning.

The great think about Whiskey Exchange is they have a massive stock list but you do pay fo it, which is understandable.

I know Royal Mile are very good. An email is issued when order is dispatched and it usually arrives in 2-3 days. There after sales service is top notch as any issues (and I've had one or two) have been dealt with very well and rectified with out any hassle. I suppose you dont Whisky Magazine's 'Retailer of the Year 2003, 2004 & 2006' for nothing.

And Loch Foyne have excellent aftersales service also.
irishwhiskeychaser

Postby Whiskybembel » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:31 pm

I just asked this question, because a friend of mine, ordered 6 Bottles and recieved 4! And the Reciept was billed for total of all six bottles. Their was no comments on the shipping bill, that they sending the rest of two bottles later. My friend is very afraid of this and contacted the Shop per mail. Hope that this issue went fine. I keep you up to date about it.

Thanks for all comments
Whiskybembel

Postby Whiskybembel » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:11 pm

It was a packing error and he is going to recieve the two missing bottles. Don't worry anymore..
Thanks for the comments
Whiskybembel

Postby Di Blasi » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:14 pm

I've had great success ordering from them! They're quick and perhaps priced the best. The one time I had them send a bottle to me here in Norway, (BIG mistake!!), the box was unmarked, just with a name and address of the sender, and of course my information. I must say they are a bit quick on the phone, perhaps not the friendliest, they kind of act like they don't feel like being bothered with the phone, or are perhaps understaffed and forced to do everything from orders to packing etc. I sometimes am afraid they'll send me the wrong thing if I don't keep them on the phone to answer all of my questions and insure I'll get the correct bottle. But this quick attitude of theirs could also be confused with confidence that they know what they're doing, more than the caller anyway. I'll continue ordering from them when necessary though.
Di Blasi

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder