Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Bowmore 16yr-1989?

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Bowmore 16yr-1989?

Postby MANICH » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:16 pm

I'm some what new to all of this. But I have two bottles of Bowmore single malt, 16 years, non chill filtered, straight from the cask and limited edition 1989. The one tasts delightful and I need to know where to find more? Any help would be great.
MANICH

Re: Bowmore 16yr-1989?

Postby Photon » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:57 pm

MANICH wrote:I'm some what new to all of this. But I have two bottles of Bowmore single malt, 16 years, non chill filtered, straight from the cask and limited edition 1989. The one tasts delightful and I need to know where to find more? Any help would be great.

Binny's is the obvious choice in the Chicago area. Ask at one and they should be able to track down something at another location.

Also ask them for suggestions on what else you might like. You could also ask the folks here, just let them know what facets of the Bowmore impress you the most and you'll get plenty of suggestions <start subliminal mode>Highland Park12<end subliminal mode>

-P.
Photon
Bronze Member

Postby kallaskander » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:26 am

Hi there,

I can not help you with advice for the Chicago area. The Bowmore 16 y from bourbon casks is one of the best in recent years. There is a new sibling out 16 years as well from sherry casks this time. It is limited as well and might not yet have reached your shores but it is worth looking out for.

Greetings
kallaskander
kallaskander
Double Gold Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder