Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

New Glenlivet bottling!

All your whisky related questions answered here.

New Glenlivet bottling!

Postby jimidrammer » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:07 pm

Just heard about the new Glenlivet 16yo Nadurra Cask Strength hitting U.S. store shelves this week, (Whiskycast #55, thanks, Mark). Anyone had a taste yet? I'll definately be looking for it as I've been wanting to see what a C/S Glenlivet would have to offer. This is different than the one that was released to Duty-Free only. Please let me know when it starts showing up.

Also, word is the '06 George T Stagg is being bottled right now, just in time for my trip to the Kentucky Bourbon Festival next month. The long, hot summer is nearly at a close and Whisk(e)y season 'tis here. :wink:
jimidrammer
Gold Member

Postby Elliot » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:12 am

Any idea what the SRP is for this guy? It sounds like it's worth a shot.
Elliot
Bronze Member

Postby jimidrammer » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:42 am

$60 is estimated, but will probably vary from state to state (Oregon Control Board says $57.95). Sounds reasonable and just what the brand needs to compete with the Macallan C/S and Aberlour Abunadh. I like the unique quality Glenlivet has, but always felt it was a little light(weak), so I'm excited about this. Now hopefully we won't be the last state to get it like the Laphroaig Quarter Cask.
jimidrammer
Gold Member

Postby rthomson » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:46 pm

I haven't tried the Nadurra cask strength but I do have a bottle of SMWS Glenlivet which, coincidentally, is also 16 yo. This cask strength Glenlivet is outstanding, though it did take a few tries over a couple of weeks before I could really get a handle on it. Its body is more full than other Glenlivets I've tried and it has a mild, sherry-like sweetness. The nose has some spiciness but I primarily picked up oak and some leathery/tobacco notes. If the Nadurra cask strength becomes available in Washington I'll be trying it.

Cheers,
Ron
rthomson
Silver Member

Postby Elliot » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:12 am

Thanks for the pricing information. I'd certainly like to try this as there don't seem to be too many bourbon Highland or Speyside expressions. I'm traveling soon and I'll be in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, D.C., and perhaps Virginia. I live in Ohio, of course, but we have a terrible selection thanks to an abhorrent control system and special order requirements of at least a case of a given product. Is there a release schedule so I know which states will be getting the Nadurra and when?
Elliot
Bronze Member

Postby MGillespie » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:26 am

The only information I have from The Glenlivet is that it'll be nationwide distribution...however, I haven't seen a bottle yet in the New York/New Jersey area (not that I've had much time to look).

And thanks for listening, Jimi...

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby jimidrammer » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:34 pm

A little more info:

The following link says: 57.2% abv, non-chill-filtered, and available in September.

http://www.avenuevine.com/movabletype/a ... .html#more
jimidrammer
Gold Member

Postby Elliot » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:42 am

I saw this in the Park Avenue Liquor Shop today. It was priced at $82 US.
Elliot
Bronze Member

Postby MGillespie » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:18 am

Wait a second...you're in Manhattan tonight and didn't let us know???

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby Elliot » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:10 pm

I was only in Manhattan for about six hours with my wife - unfortunately, it didn't leave too much time for other activties. I'll have some free time next week, though, if the NY/NJ folks have something in mind. - perhaps Wednesday?
Elliot
Bronze Member

Postby Elliot » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:44 am

This just in - I picked up Nadurra at Wine on the 9 in Howell, NJ for $60
Elliot
Bronze Member

Postby MGillespie » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:54 am

That's a great deal...I'll have to swing by there this weekend.

As far as next Wednesday goes, I have to work until 9pm or so, but could meet up for a dram after that if anyone's interested...

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby Elliot » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:57 am

MGillespie wrote:That's a great deal...I'll have to swing by there this weekend.

As far as next Wednesday goes, I have to work until 9pm or so, but could meet up for a dram after that if anyone's interested...

Mark

Mark,
Where are we talking about in New Jersey? I think that you are southward somewhere. I will be coming back up from the DC area on Monday or Tuesday, so if you are on the way, that could work too.
Elliot
Bronze Member

Postby MGillespie » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:37 am

I live in New Jersey, but work on the Upper East Side of Manhattan off 59th Street...so if you're in the city...that would work...

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby MGillespie » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:38 am

I live in New Jersey, but work on the Upper East Side of Manhattan off 59th Street...so if you're in the city...that would work...

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby Elliot » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:26 am

I'm staying in New Jersey near New Brunswick, so that is actually a little better for me, unless there are others from New York that plan on joining.
Elliot
Bronze Member

Postby MGillespie » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:37 am

Are you there through the weekend?
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby Elliot » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:37 pm

Yet another update: Wine Library is selling it for $50. $60 seems to be the going rate except for Manhattan.
Elliot
Bronze Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder