Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

WhiskyFest New York - Nov. 6th

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

WhiskyFest New York - Nov. 6th

Postby ResIpsa539 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:39 am

1st post here!

Has anyone been to this event before? I'm curious as to exactly how crowded I can expect it to be. Am I going to have trouble getting a hold of my desired drams? They offer a VIP admission, which lets you in an hour earlier than everyone else...not sure it's worth the extra $50 though..

Anyone going?
ResIpsa539
Bronze Member

Re: WhiskyFest New York - Nov. 6th

Postby Jobi » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:11 pm

AlanLaz wrote:1st post here!

Has anyone been to this event before? I'm curious as to exactly how crowded I can expect it to be. Am I going to have trouble getting a hold of my desired drams? They offer a VIP admission, which lets you in an hour earlier than everyone else...not sure it's worth the extra $50 though..

Anyone going?

I was at last years. It was definitely a crowded affair, but not to the point where you wouldn't be able to get a taste of what you wanted.
Jobi
Gold Member

Postby MGillespie » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:55 am

I'll be there again this year...they have tried to cut back the number of tickets they sell each year to make it easier to move around. My suggestion would be to save the $50 and use it to try the rare whiskies at the charity table.

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby scotch4ever » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:35 pm

I have just heard the show is sold out! :o I hope you got ticket(s). I quite like there shows, however, I hope they finally get a venue as large as there Chicago show. They almost have 2 1/2 stories between ceiling and floor at Whisky Fest Chicago and just a regular room in NY.

do not mind...it is all about the Whisky!

cheers
scotch4ever

How was it?

Postby Wendy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:01 am

Hello WhiskyFest attendees:

I am quite interested in hearing about last nights WhiskyFest in New York...highlights, observations, etc! Most appreciated.

Thanks,
Wendy
Wendy
Gold Member

Postby scotch4ever » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:03 pm

Wendy:
At first I thought this was just like every other show with the same things happening. I hit my favorite drams to get the ceremonial drinks and then out of no where I turned the corner and saw a piece of pure genius. The really Wild Scotchmen booth was rocking and rolling. I could not take my eye off of the piece of hand crafted metal sitting on the floor. The Wild Scotsman's Chopper just blew me away! Tartan seat, custom rims, and one massive set of triple trees and wheels. It was great to meet both Jeff and John as well as the man who actually made the chopper. I must admit I have never seen too many men covered in tatoo's at these events. Quite a breath of fresh air to see a real craftsman of a different kind sharing a booth and making the evening a bit less stuffy and a lot more fun.

cheers,
scotch4ever

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:37 pm

To each his own...me, I think there's nothing more fun than stuffy. 8)

Lawrence, please tell me these guys aren't going to be in Victoria!
Deactivated Member

Postby MGillespie » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:54 pm

The chopper was very cool!

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:07 pm

You guys are so easy!
Deactivated Member

Postby Wendy » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:13 am

Thanks Scotch4ever: I was hoping someone would respond! The Wild Scotchmen's booth sounds like it was packed with character. Did you sample his whisky? Did you attend any of the masterclasses?

Mr. T.H.: If I remember correctly, last January in Victoria would have been perfect chopper riding weather! 8) We may seem them yet!

Cheers,
Wendy
Wendy
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:49 am

God, I hope not...isn't it supposed to be a whisky festival?

If they want to get your attention, what's wrong with girls in bikinis? Isn't that what they do at vehicle trade shows?

I'd ride my Gold Wing out if I had time. 8)
Deactivated Member

Postby MGillespie » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:51 am

Actually, Jeff Topping (the guy behind Wild Scotsman) is even more passionate about his whisky than his motorcycles. I've had the pleasure of interviewing him a couple of times, and his independent bottlings are quite good. Keep in mind, he's been learning at the knee of John MacDougall...the only person living who has managed distilleries in every Scottish region.

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder