Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Ardbeg single casks

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Ardbeg single casks

Postby corbuso » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:25 pm

Does anybody knows if Ardbeg will release some single cask bottling of Ardbeg from the 1970s in different European countries this year, as it was done some years ago?
So far, I am only aware of the 1974 bottling for the French market and was wondering if it will be the same for some markets such as Germany, Italy or Sweden.
Thank you
corbuso
Gold Member
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 11:56 am

Postby Jan » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:49 am

An "semi-official" 1974 bottling has just been released on the Danish market.

Its a single cask bottling, bottled by Glenmo for the danish retailer & importer; Juuls Vinhandel in their new "flying" series.

I guees this could be instead of an official bottling....

Info here: http://www.juuls-vinhandel.dk/get/19569.html
(Tasting notes in english - priced at DKK 2850 ~ GB 260)
Jan
Gold Member
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:15 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Postby kildalton » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:04 pm

Yes, a 1975 single cask has been reelased for Italy, I paid 225 euros for it and I it's a good price considering how much they cost usually...

If You like more details on the bottle let me know and I'll check in my cellar.

Hope this helps
kildalton
Silver Member
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:34 am
Location: Italy

Postby corbuso » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:16 pm

Jan wrote:An "semi-official" 1974 bottling has just been released on the Danish market.

Its a single cask bottling, bottled by Glenmo for the danish retailer & importer; Juuls Vinhandel in their new "flying" series.

I guees this could be instead of an official bottling....

Info here: http://www.juuls-vinhandel.dk/get/19569.html
(Tasting notes in english - priced at DKK 2850 ~ GB 260)


Hi Jan,
Thank you for the info.
Just a question. Last year I was in Copenhagen and stopped at Juuls, where is was stunned by the price of the Ardbeg 1972 (£650). Do you have any other cheaper whisky retailer in Denmark or?

Cheers
Corbuso
corbuso
Gold Member
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 11:56 am

Postby Ardbeg311 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:20 pm

kildalton wrote:Yes, a 1975 single cask has been reelased for Italy, I paid 225 euros for it and I it's a good price considering how much they cost usually...

If You like more details on the bottle let me know and I'll check in my cellar.

Hope this helps



Yes, Kildalton I would love to know where I can buy a 1975 single cask Ardbeg for 225 euros!!!!
Ardbeg311
Gold Member
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:36 am
Location: Roma, Italia

Postby kildalton » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:16 pm

Well I'd have had not problem in telling You but someone from the Forum has got in touch me before Your request and I gave him the contact.
I want to be correct and so I think You should contact him.
Maybe the shop has still 2 bottles.
I hope You'll understand my position, considering that the person who contacted me is really interestied in buying I don't want to start a rush to get the bottle.
Please ask him, if the shop answer him, maybe he can ask if they have another bottle and You'll be able to get it as well.
kildalton
Silver Member
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:34 am
Location: Italy

Postby Ardbeg311 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:49 pm

Sorry Kildalton, despite your response I am still in the dark. If it would help, you can write or PM me in Italian. Whom should I contact?
Ardbeg311
Gold Member
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:36 am
Location: Roma, Italia

Postby Jan » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:59 pm

corbuso wrote:
Jan wrote:An "semi-official" 1974 bottling has just been released on the Danish market.

Its a single cask bottling, bottled by Glenmo for the danish retailer & importer; Juuls Vinhandel in their new "flying" series.

I guees this could be instead of an official bottling....

Info here: http://www.juuls-vinhandel.dk/get/19569.html
(Tasting notes in english - priced at DKK 2850 ~ GB 260)


Hi Jan,
Thank you for the info.
Just a question. Last year I was in Copenhagen and stopped at Juuls, where is was stunned by the price of the Ardbeg 1972 (£650). Do you have any other cheaper whisky retailer in Denmark or?

Cheers
Corbuso


Yeah, I'm kinda stunned too. (But glad I purchased my bottle before the price hikes :D )

The story is this: The ' 72 Ardbeg was released as part of an aniversary series. It's priced at appr. £680, because they only have a couple of bottles left and do not really want to part with them. (Or at least that's what I hear.) It was originally released at £168, then rose to £259, then to £440 and lastly to the level it is today.

You should still be able to find it at £259, at least I have seen it at that price not too long ago. PM me if you are interested and I can see if I can find out.

As for general Price levels, Whiskyhouse (http://www.whiskyhouse.dk) is often cheaper in the premium price levels and Juuls is cheapest on younger OBs (Presumably because they are the official importer for many of these.)

But generally Whisky is just not cheap in Denmark, you will usually save quite a lot in the UK or in Germany.

If you get to Copenhagen again, please drop me a line and perhaps we could meet or somthing :D
Jan
Gold Member
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:15 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder