Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

An Ardbeg Indie

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

An Ardbeg Indie

Postby Bulkington » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:55 pm

Looking at Park Ave. Liquor's website, they have an 11 yr Ardbeg (1991) bottled by G&M. That's all the information they give. Anyone know what this is? How it was aged? Whether it's any good?
Bulkington
Silver Member

Postby Scotty Mc » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:57 pm

That bottling (or a similar year) is available locally to me. I've heard it is a nice dram, other than I couldn't give any details about it
Scotty Mc
Silver Member

Postby Di Blasi » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:10 am

Gotta love their choice of bottling at 40%. Why do they do that, something so special? Oh yea, add the water to get it to 40% so they can bottle more, make more money!
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:50 am

Assume that's the Connoisseur's Choice line--40% is standard strength for that, although I think they might have gone up to 43% now. Some people like it at that strength. I generally avoid CC's.
Deactivated Member

Postby Di Blasi » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:54 am

I have a CC Ardbeg 1996 9y bottling that's finally at 46%, nice.
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Bulkington » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:52 pm

C_I, that looks like it. Maybe. Park Ave says theirs is 11 yrs old. Why doesn't the bottle at the end of your link give an age statement or bottling date? Does Park Ave. know something the bottle doesn't tell them, or is theirs different from the one you linked? As someone said to me in an earlier thread, given the varieties of independent bottlings, sellers can maybe be a little too reticent with particulars. Even the bottler can be close-lipped, it seems. I'll probably have to go and look at the bottle in person.
Bulkington
Silver Member

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder