Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

BRUICHLADDICH

General chat and talk about whisky.

BRUICHLADDICH

Postby tinman1819 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:04 pm

WHAT DOES EVERYBODY THINK OF THE BRUICHLADDICH 3D?
tinman1819

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:44 pm

SECOND EDITION, MOINE MHOR: TO JUDGE FROM THE REACTION AT A TASTING HOSTED BY JIM MCEWAN IN BOSTON LAST SPRING, EVERYONE THINKS IT IS THE BEST BRUICHLADDICH EVER. BUNCH OF PEAT-EASIES...I SWEAR, IT IS LIKE CERTAIN ATTRIBUTES OF THE FEMALE FIGURE--PUMP THEM UP, AND GUYS START FALLING ALL OVER THEMSELVES REGARDLESS OF WHATEVER ELSE IS GOING ON. PERSONALLY, I THOUGHT IT THE LEAST OF WHAT WE TASTED--THE PEATED COMPONENT WAS VERY YOUNG, AND I THOUGHT THAT SHOWED. I SUPPOSE YOU COULD SAY IT WAS BALANCED, BUT IT JUST SEEMED A MISH-MASH TO ME.

THAT SAID, I HAD ANOTHER SAMPLE AT THE DISTILLERY A FEW WEEKS AGO AND IT SEEMED BETTER INTEGRATED, REASONABLY PLEASANT. I WOULD HAVE NO TROUBLE DRINKING ONE IF OFFERED, BUT I WOULD NOT CONSIDER BUYING A BOTTLE.
Deactivated Member

Postby Wave » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:45 pm

The editions of the 'Laddie 3D & 3D2 - Moine Mhor are very good IMO, but the 3D2 is the best of the 2, a pure peat monster! Tons of peat without the medicinal overtones of the other peaty Islays but still it still retains the Islay character not found in the recent peaty Speysiders. I'm really looking forward to the new 3D3 - The Norrie Campbell Tribute Bottling as it's the first bottling that contains along with the Port Charlotte, the extremely heavily peated Octomore! 8)

Btw, all caps isn't cool. We can read and you don't have to make it bigger. :?

Cheers!
Wave
Double Gold Member

Postby Wave » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:50 pm

BUT I WOULD NOT CONSIDER BUYING A BOTTLE.

I didn't buy "A" bottle, after my 1st bottle I bought 3!! :lol:

Cheers!
Wave
Double Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:51 pm

I don't think there's any point trying to change the lad, Wave--I'll bet he's been doing all his keyboard writing that way for years. I agree it's a little jarring, and I'm not above poking a little fun at the guy, but I think we might as well get used to it.
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:35 pm

I am currently sipping one of the new "Norrie Campbell" 3D3 drams.
Here is my impression:

Nose – Peat, a little smoke and a slight depth of fruit –possibly apple.
Palate – Immediately sweet, peat with gentle maple syrup. Tongue-tingly with the sweetness lasting longer than the peat. This is a surprisingly sweet dram considering the amount of peat which is present.
Finish – long, very long sweetness – apple and maple syrup sitting in an Islay peat bog? With the peat bog returning to haunt the taste buds.
Deactivated Member

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder