Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Port Charlotte 5 and Smokehead

General chat and talk about whisky.
Related whiskies : Smokehead

Port Charlotte 5 and Smokehead

Postby andy-c- » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:47 pm

Has anyone else noticed the similarity in the packaging of PC5 and smokehead? I have had it on good authourity that smokehed is Ardbeg but this similarity has me thinking I may have had it wrong.
Could be the same design house has been used or it is coincidence.
OR
Is Smokehead Bruichladdich?
andy-c-

Postby adogranonthepitch » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:24 am

Ian Mcleod make Smokehead, they are blenders but also own the distillery Glengoyne as well doing the Isle of Syke and Langs blended whisky's. I have found them very professional and what they aredoing with Glengoyne is nothing short of fabulous.

They also bottle alot of supermarket own brand malts.

They also own the Smokehead bottling. Does it have Briuchladdich in it, doubtful for two reasons, not peaty enough and I doubt bruichladdich would sell Ian McLeod young smokie malt at £25 a bottle when they can get £55 a bottle for PC5.

PC5 is part of Briuchladdich, which forms along with other 'sleeping partners' Murray McDavid independent bottlers, a completely different company.

However, the styles are similar! :)

Yours dog :roll:
adogranonthepitch
Gold Member

Postby les taylor » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:39 am

I think its coincidental both are new products so they display the latest fashion in design and presentation. In the field in which I work similar things happen with many competing companies bringing out similar products with the same look and texture and colour.

In this case its whats in the bottle that matters to my mind.

:)
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Related whiskies : Smokehead

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder