Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Help in Australia

General chat and talk about whisky.

Help in Australia

Postby wesrg » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:34 am

Hey Everyone,

Just stumbled across this site and was hoping someone could help me!

I am a Canadian who has moved to Australia. I love my Crown Royal, but the only Canadian Whiskey down here is Canadian Club. Everytime I go home I stock up on as much as I can but would be great to be able to buy some down here or find somewhere that will ship here without charging me an arm and a leg.

So if anyone has any sugestions please let me know!

Thanks,
wesrg

Postby duckmcf » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:06 am

Welcome to our nightmare....

Actually it's not all doom and gloom. My whisky of choice is Ardbeg. Up until recently only the 10 year old was available here and so I too went down the track of importing the other Ardbeg expressions (as well as a few tasty Laphroaigs) direct from Scotland.

I'm pleased to say that things are starting to get better. The local distributors are starting to take Whisky drinkers more seriously and I'm seeing more and more popping up all the time. I'm not sure what State your currently based in, but if you're in Melbourne you could try Nicks in Armadale or Dan Murphy's in Prahan / Richmond / Camberwell. If you're based out of Sydney (my condolences :lol:), you could try talking to Graham at http://www.theoddwhiskycoy.com.au/

Graham's based in Adelaide, but will deliver your order by mail. I got a few friends together and put in an order a year or so ago, which reduced the delivery cost. Graham's always up for a chat too. Good luck...
duckmcf

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder