Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Auchentoshan 3 Wood - oh no, it's run out!

General chat and talk about whisky.

Auchentoshan 3 Wood - oh no, it's run out!

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:50 pm

Just when I wanted to buy a case to use this highly recommended dram in one of my New Year tastings, I find it's run out!
:(

After placing an order with my German importer I have seen that it cannot be delivered as there is none!
After a few telephone calls I am told it may be available again sometime during January.

Let's hope so as I want this one for a tasting in late January / early February.
MT
Deactivated Member

Postby vitara7 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:37 pm

try ebay if your only looking for the one bottle or try thewhiskyexchange
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby TheLaddie » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:36 am

My local whisky shop has got some in too (I nearly bought a bottle to share with my dad today but plumbed for an Edradour instead...) See the link below my signature.
TheLaddie
Gold Member

Postby Di Blasi » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:47 am

Will they release more for sure?? Was it something limited or something as part of their range? It's good, hopefully it comes back around!!
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby kallaskander » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:51 pm

Hi there,

http://www.thewhiskytrader.de quicksearch

There you will find it.

Greetings
kallaskander
kallaskander
Double Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:18 pm

Thanks for the replies and yes, if I find that I only need 1 bottle for the tasting I will visit one of those sites and buy a bottle, or even use an alternative malt with a suitable wood finish. I even know a couple more places where it is available.
However, as this is my business, I was relying on my importer as I do intend to sell some myself and it is quite difficult to compete when I have to buy at high street / internet dealer prices and then sell for the same price onwards.

Hopefully, the new delivery will materialise in January.
MT
Deactivated Member

Postby Drammer » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:14 am

Malt-Teaser wrote:Thanks for the replies and yes, if I find that I only need 1 bottle for the tasting I will visit one of those sites and buy a bottle, or even use an alternative malt with a suitable wood finish. I even know a couple more places where it is available.
However, as this is my business, I was relying on my importer as I do intend to sell some myself and it is quite difficult to compete when I have to buy at high street / internet dealer prices and then sell for the same price onwards.

Hopefully, the new delivery will materialise in January.
MT

Balvenie doublewood is very nice.
Drammer

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:17 am

Oh yes, I forgot about that one, thanks Drammer.

I'll try to find the German importer as I need to get hold of some Balvenie anyway.
MT
Deactivated Member

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder