Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Glen Scotia

General chat and talk about whisky.

Glen Scotia

Postby wandering pict » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:30 pm

Just heard that Glen Scotia was about to be sold when the sellers pulled the plug! What a shame - another distillery limping along with little investment and a great product ready to be developed.
wandering pict

Postby vitara7 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:39 pm

who were the buyers going to be? and why would they pull the plug, there doing hee haw with it as it stands, just limited distilling, its looking a state as well.
i drove past it a few weeks ago when i was down on business, and there was a pile of garbage / rubbish just piled up in the courtyard, it looked more like the local dump than a distillery....
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby wandering pict » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:48 pm

Buyers were foreign, prepared to put in a lot of investment to improve the condition and increase production. Sellers are the strangest company in the Scotch Whisky Industry and have had fall-outs with a number of companies in the industry. Afraid they changed their mind for whatever reason and I suspect that the distillery will limp on for a few more years yet with no investment
wandering pict

Postby vitara7 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:04 am

limp along... its not even doing that, its a state, they should be forced to at least tidy it up
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby Lawrence » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:45 pm

I think the owners are beginning to understand what they have, I expect to see more of Glen Scotia in the future, which is great as I really like Glen Scotia.
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby Di Blasi » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:33 pm

Lawrence wrote:I think the owners are beginning to understand what they have, I expect to see more of Glen Scotia in the future, which is great as I really like Glen Scotia.

I really loved the Glen Scotia 14y, and would also like to taste other from this distillery. Too bad they don't help us out much. It would be nice if they'd improve things, or sell so that it can truly give some more whisky life to Campeltown.
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby vitara7 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:38 pm

its about time they reailsed what a gem theyve got, compared to the other one....
glen scotia could a great distillery if they treated it right and put some investment into it.
the heavyly peated 5yo bottle that they brought out was a very good whisky for a 5yo, and it was only £20 odd quid a bottle

the least they could do is give the old lady a lick of paint, it looks bogging driving past and seeing all the angels share on the white paint....
the building should be given listed status and then theyd be forced to do somthing about it
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder