Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Traveling to UK / Need to find Ardbeg 1977

All your whisky related questions answered here.
Related whiskies : Ardbeg 1977

Traveling to UK / Need to find Ardbeg 1977

Postby Pascal » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:42 am

Hello All,

I am traveling to UK from Feb 21st to Mar 2nd, and would like to find an Ardbeg 1977 (or two!!) to bring back. I have an address near London that I will be visiting and I could have the whisky shipped there if I buy it online.

Can someone help me with this task? What would be the best online shops to purchase from? I get mixed impressions from what I'm finding on Google, maybe someone local could help me out better?

Thanks in advance!
Pascal

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:34 pm

Hi Pascal,

I'm afraid there arent many shops to my knowledge in UK that would be able to sell you this bottling (others please feel free to correct me in this should you know a source). Even the famed whisky exchange doesn't seem to have any at this moment, although they do have the 1978 Ardbeg for £ 150 a bottle. Milroys of Soho had none as I checked just before Christmas.

I did find one place online where the whisky is being sold at, for £150 inclusive of VAT a bottle:

http://www.getwhisky.com/acatalog/Islaymalt.html

Another, more expensive :

http://www.whisky-online.com/acatalog/Ardbeg.html

I haven´t personally shopped with either of these, but have no reason to doubt their honesty.

If you have no luck, drop me a line, maybe I can help you!
Deactivated Member

Postby dram_time » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:14 pm

I googled Ardbeg 1977 in the UK. There doesn't seem to be much of it to be had from shops.

As my 'Local shop' I can of course reccomend 'getwhisky' (great mail order service). Though i am sure both shops are equally good.

Dt.
dram_time
Silver Member

Postby vitara7 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:57 pm

youve got little or no chance of just popping into a shop in order to get a bottle of ardbeg 1977, you best bet it what others have said, buy it of the net, or sometimes just as cheap or cheaper on ebay.
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby Reggaeblues » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:42 am

Saw a bottle in the glass case for exclusive whiskies at the Vintage House, old compton St. Soho. London W1. about 6 weeks ago.

It wa considerably more expensive than the £65 odd I paid around a year ago from Ardbeg direct - they were asking around £200 plus. I'm sure they'd be easy to find on the net or from directory enquiries.

good luck!
Reggaeblues
Double Gold Member

Postby Pascal » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:38 pm

Many thanks for the reply's, looks like I will be ordering online and having it shipped to a friend's place locally. :)
Cheers!
Pascal

Related whiskies : Ardbeg 1977

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder