Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Glen Moray 1986 Commemorative bottling

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Glen Moray 1986 Commemorative bottling

Postby Whiskeynoob » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:16 pm

Glen Moray 1986 Commemorative bottling.

Hi, i brought one of these 18 months ago and its coming round to a friends 40 birthday. Now at the time it was around 70 pound if a remember right but would it be worth keeping up myself as an investment ( i have got no idea if it would increase in value or not) or just give it away as a pressie?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.
Whiskeynoob

Postby vitara7 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:25 pm

speaking as someone who has a lrage whisky collection putrly on the hope of it gaining in the future, i would say drink it, glen moray isnt a very collectabledistillery at present, although that may change depending on what the new owners decide to do with it.

drink it and share a quality whisky with friends.
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby TheLaddie » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:25 am

vitara7 wrote:glen moray isnt a very collectable distillery at present

Unless you mix it with Ardbeg :roll:
TheLaddie
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:02 pm

Tastewise, the whisky is something of a slow burner - the first couple of drams seem rather bland and, perhaps, a bit bourbonny. But after it had been open a few days I started to appreciate the subtle balance of the whisky - to stretch Jools Holland's analogy, it is being played by a very big orchestra, but at a rather quiet volume. I think it is a whisky that deserves to be tasted - it really is very good - but perhaps during a quiet and contemplative evening rather than at a party.
Deactivated Member

Re: Glen Moray 1986 Commemorative bottling

Postby corbuso » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:47 pm

Whiskeynoob wrote:Glen Moray 1986 Commemorative bottling.

Hi, i brought one of these 18 months ago and its coming round to a friends 40 birthday. Now at the time it was around 70 pound if a remember right but would it be worth keeping up myself as an investment ( i have got no idea if it would increase in value or not) or just give it away as a pressie?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

The bottle was quite expensive (£75) and I haven't opened mine yet. The special bottlings of Glen Morays I tried so far were very good and worth being opened. In terms of value, I don't think you will be able to sell it for any profits within the next 2-3 years. With time and depending on the efforts of LVMH, it might take increase in value. If you want to make some profits, you have better to be very patient...

corbuso
-----------
http://www.whisky-news.com
corbuso
Gold Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder